*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292104-The-Younger-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#292104 added May 26, 2004 at 4:48pm
Restrictions: None
The Younger Man
I can't work. I shouldn't even be here considering the amount of effort it's taking to listen to my stupid voice mail. I think I need to take some official time off from this particular little corner of hell. I played hooky, and even though my hair looks fabbity-fab, the guilt is killing me.

Why do I feel guilty? My work was done (except for the one really bitch client I've been avoiding). I've already made my goal and exceeded it. This place would totally ditch me in a second without a passing flicker of concious should the circumstances warrant it. So why do I feel guilty for taking 3 1/2 hours off yesterday afternoon?

Oh well. I'll get over it.

About the younger man thing... (all ages have been changed to protect the innocent)

This week is one of the karate instructor's b-day (Stacey) and last night when I asked how old she was going to be she said 32 and I was like "ME TOO! in August!"
After we got done high-fiving, she said "Really? I thought you were, at the oldest, like, 27."
"No, I'm going to be 32. I'm just really immature," I said.
"That's not what I meant," Stacey said, rolling her eyes. "You just look younger than 32."
After I hugged her and said she was going to be my bestest friend forever and ever and ever, I started to feel better about having the hots for a 24 yr old. Especially if I could pass for 27, that's only a 3 year age difference, right? Passing for 27 is almost as good as being 27, right? Even if Stacey was just lying to make me feel better. It worked.

Now that I think about it though, the majority of the men I've dated seriously were younger. (I'm not counting Carl since since I married him and he was waaaay older than me.) Todd is only 2 weeks younger, but that still counts. Sutty was younger by 2, maybe 3, years. Let's see... there was that Brian guy who kissing curled my toes... he was, what?, at least a year younger. Then there was that college football player, lord what was his name? Richie? the one that gave me a huge-ass, beautiful ring on valentine's day after we'd been dating about a week and a half and freaked me out so bad that I hid from him for six months. I think he was older. Was he? Shoot. I don't remember. ChrisC. was my age. And Jamie... ahhh Jamie... love of my life... I think he was younger, too, but also not by much - 6 months on the outside.

I should just accept it. It's in my blood. My grandmother Casteel married my grandfather and he was about 5 years younger than she was. They were happily married for a thousand years even.

I don't know why the younger man thing freaks me out so much. A good 10-20 year age difference with an older woman/ younger man combo makes them die at about the same time. And like a man would ever feel weird about dating a younger woman? Yeah, right! Are you kidding?! They think it mean they are the biggest stud in the pasture!! They flaunt it!



© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292104-The-Younger-Man