*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315343-Airport
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#315343 added April 27, 2005 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
Airport
i'm new at this. well, not really new; i've done livejournals before, two of them in fact, and been the type to throw scrambled ideas around in angsty lowercase (which i'd like to think is not so much cliche as it is lazy, but who's to say which is worse), and i've secretly enjoyed the backlash caused by reckless posts, and just generally enjoyed all questionable perks associated therewith.

but this, to me, seems different; journaling as part of the writing.com community seems like it would carry with it certain higher-level responsbiliites. so i'm going to do better: organized ideas, respectable mechanics (capitalization doesn't count), and minimal profanity (when i remember).

so on a self-introductory note, i'm shannon: nineteen years old, five-foot-six and very slim (which i guess amounts to "gangly") but altogether passable. a writer by nature if not by creed, though for the moment that comes second to being a student in rainy rainy atlanta.

that said, i've got a plane to catch--going home for thanksgiving, finally; seemed like the day would never actually get here, and we've reached the point in the semester when, as much as i love my school and my classes and my friends and my roommate, right now all of the above seem absolutely rife with negatives. even the weather is doing its best to irritate me; yesterday the sun was shining hard enough to bring life back to the plant dying in my windowsill, and today, when i have to walk seven blocks to catch the train to the airport, every time i look out the window and see how hard it's raining all i can think is, what utter horseshit.

so, yeah, entry number two will be a few days in coming; i'm not taking the comp home for thanksgiving. but this should be fun; i'll see you guys when i get back.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315343-Airport