*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327368-Overkill
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#327368 added April 27, 2005 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Overkill
it's been a bad day and an even worse week, if that makes sense. every day starts out kind of okay, with considerable effort from me and about half as much from the rest of the world, but then goes to shit as soon as aything not straightforward happens. today a student climbed up to the top of the parking deck, balanced herself on the railing and started screaming to everyone within earshot that she was going to jump off. (a fall of three stories, is what it would have been.) the public safety crew sent people up with handcuffs to restrain her, and presumably she's getting help now, so it's okay, but is it just me, or is it extremely inappropriate that dr. knadler (extremely geeky literary analysis professor whom i loathe from the very depths of my current soul, unrelated to this), for the first ten or twelve minutes of today's class, cracked joke after sick joke about it? and actually got a room of twenty-five students (minus three, me included) laughing uproariously at some hilarious aspect of what i could have sworn was almost a devastating tragedy?

forgive me for not seeing the humor in that situation. silly me; i would have figured we'd have treated that with some degree of sensitivity--just in case someone in the classroom knew the girl, or sympathized with the girl, or just on the off chance that it's not all that outlandish that someone wouldn't want to live in a world that sucks most of the time.

or, whatever. that isn't a cry for help or anything, it just really annoyed me.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327368-Overkill