*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329496-Virgin-Karma
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#329496 added June 27, 2005 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Virgin Karma
thought i was going to talk about sex here. decided against it maybe five seconds ago.

alexa from next door has come by the room about twenty times since yesterday afternoon. she's one of the only people on our hall without a roommate, gets lonely pretty often, and goes through periods where she knocks on our door at like one-hour intervals, each time with variations of the same greeting: "just came by to say hiiiii," "just wanted to see what you all were doing," "just thought i'd check on you guys..." or, in other words, "[had nothing better to do and came by to annoy you]." she's really slow-moving, really uninteresting, and has one of those voices that lifts? at the end of every sentence clause? so you have to really pay attention? and answer periodically? and validate everything she says? which i know is characteristic of most adolescent girls' speech, but i could have sworn people left that behind in high school.

she's one of krystle's friends back home, which makes her more or less my in-law, meaning i can't be mean to her or blow her off or express how much she irritates me on a daily basis. but when krystle's not here (which she isn't this weekend) i am free to ignore alexa as i please, woot. she knocked on my door twice this morning while i was still trying to motivate myself to get out of bed (long night last night), and both times i just grinned to myself and nestled deeper into the covers.

pure cruelty, i know. i can be pretty mean sometimes. but i got mine, hence the second half of this entry's title. when i went out to take a shower, she'd left a note on my door that said "hey shannon! just came by to see if you wanted anything from popeye's! -lex"...= now i'm going to starve to death because i couldn't be so bothered to get out of bed and smile at an annoying person for all of maybe two minutes. i'm a horrible person.

and on that note, my weight loss suspicions have been tragically confirmed. i'm down to an even hundred, out five pounds from where i started this semester, and i could swear the change is visible. here is where people start rolling their eyes, mock-sympathetically offering me donations of their own fat to show they resent me for complaining about being too thin, all of which i understand; skinny girls can be really annoying. but i personally didn't ask for this; i've been waiting since puberty to fill out, to grow bigger breasts, to start to look more like my mom, who at forty-nine has an almost perfect figure. i have the hips, i have the waistline, i have a couple other scattered attractions, but everything is just a little too angular. anyway.

dreamt last night that i was having marcus's baby. (here's a huge surprise: i have pregnancy dreams pretty often, at least once a week.) we were at some diner somewhere with judge judy, chyna doll, brigitte nielsen and da brat (in other words, my own little weird "surreal life" amalgamation), and i was eating shrimp with cocktail sauce and trying to get him to come rub my tummy (he wouldn't); meanwhile judge judy was talking da brat out of getting an abortion, while the other two worked on her hair. weird.

three nights ago i had this other dream...well i'll save that one for the next entry; i think i'm about to change the journal rating to 18+. or do i need to do that? sometimes i think i'm unclear on the rating system, but i'll do it to be safe anyway.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329496-Virgin-Karma