*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331155-Annette-and-Antonio
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#331155 added October 29, 2005 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Annette and Antonio
one has to wonder how it feels, losing not one but TWO oscars to some whippersnapper who seems to keep getting lucky breaks.

or, wait. that's misleading. i love hilary swank; i think she truly embodies the "working actress" ideal she makes such frequent reference to. i loved her in both her academy-acknowledged performances and in all the little stuff in between, including (and maybe especially) her saturday night live appearance. i place a lot of value on versatility, and she has it. and i thought she was amazingly impressive as teena brandon, a role that a more experienced actress might not have executed nearly as well. none of that overtechnical emotive stuff the veterans rely on; i believed her as a twenty-year-old and as a young woman in crisis. i was happy for her then and i'm happy for her again.

but not as happy as i am for jamie, or for morgan, whose presence through the whole thing absolutely defined elegance, i thought.

and i can't articulate what antonio's performance did to me, so i'm not even gonna try. just know that i thought the song was gorgeous, and that i think antonio's gorgeous, and that i just saw original sin last weekend, so my thoughts weren't entirely pure in nature.

otherwise, i had a pretty bad weekend. the highlights were mild, ordinary things like warm-enough showers and finally getting to go grocery shopping. in between i fought with my roommates (former and current), fought with my dad, committed to spending my spring break at home (when i'd really rather stay here to make out with marcus and reorganize my room), realized i fucked up dismally in one of my classes last week, watched two classmates get arrested for underaged drinking, and lost twenty dollars.

plus, in trying to serve as a support system for marcus (who is going through something big that requires a lot of support he refuses to ask for), i slipped up and hit his martyr switch, so that now we're in that mode where everything is a grand elaborate "favor" to me.

such poor communication all around. i absolutely yearn for the wisdom and maturity that would make this stupid semester go by faster and easier. plus how come i didn't notice till now that they upped the gp prices? this world is a sneaky, sneaky place.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331155-Annette-and-Antonio