*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341917-Yes-and-No
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#341917 added April 18, 2005 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Yes and No
last night i had my very first writing.com dream. i'm surprised it took so long, considering i dream about everything else in such immediate and vivid detail. in the dream we were all penned up in a grocery store, and i was sorting vegetables with christina and katrina (or at least their dream representations), and then they both split and i had to go off and find another job to do on my own. on the way to the baked goods section i ran into grim, who was tall and olive-skinned with dark hair, really handsome and perpetually smiling. he lifted me up to pull things off the top shelves, ribbons and greeting cards and stuff like that, and then he put me down and i put them all in a pile, and then a big black guy (no idea who he could have been, since i've yet to encounter a black male on this site) kicked them all over and grabbed me and ran for the exit with me under his arm. drama, but then i made it back to my kicked-over pile and straightened it back up, and a throng of people cheered, and i woke up and immediately realized "grim" had been marlon brando.

so, there's that. yesterday was another first for me: someone gave my journal a 3.5 rating, which is totally fine for all the freedom-of-opinion reasons we've all memorized, but it came at the end of a blurb about why he or she supposedly likes my journal, and i finally figured out why that kind of thing is so frustrating to people. i wrote back; my return email said something along the lines of "thanks for reading. why the low rating?" but then i instantly felt like a tool because, really, a 3.5 isn't that low--although it does of course mean he or she consciously decided it wasn't worthy of a four, either.

my prerogative has always been to rate journals high as long as they are expressive and thoughtful. when they're not, or if i don't like them, i usually just don't rate at all. the only time i rated someone's journal low was when i found it to be overtly racist, and even then i felt bad. anyway. i'm over the 3.5 (i think), it didn't bring my average down or anything; i only brought it up to say that yeah, i get it now, guys.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341917-Yes-and-No