*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347304-Chinese-Acrobatics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#347304 added October 29, 2005 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
Chinese Acrobatics
ever really wanted to write an entry but felt sure you had NOTHING to say? i can't blame this on "notebook." this is me, my fault. or maybe it's being home? less happens on a daily basis here, both because i haven't started working and because, thanks to my sleep schedule, i officially qualify as a vampire. but still, it was a good week, one worth writing about...bear with me; i'm going to squeeze out some insights.

lots of meg time, for a couple days in a row. we went and saw house of wax; her first time, my second. a lot of critics have described the movie as dichotomously great and terrible. so accurate. graphics: great. dialogue: terrible. storyline: intriguing. exposition: clumsy. chad michael murray's briefly shirtless torso: gorgeous. paris hilton's acting: hideous. there was, of course, the awkward token black character, who asserted his token blackness by being grossly oversexualized and breaking off from the group every so often to listen to rap, but he was inoffensive overall. halfway through my second time seeing it i decided that i've been desensitized to gore, and that my taste in movies is offbeat, at best.

church was okay this morning. i have a crush on my pastor.

last night's phone was probably the shortest one all week, but still intensely satisfying. marcus claims he liked "climber," but compared it to an episode of rainbow brite. basically, too much sparkle is garish, as far as he's concerned. so then i had to explain the mood i was in when i wrote it, and tell him what crystal peaks represent (which is weird, because i thought they'd be the poem's most obvious stand-in--maybe he'd have had an easier time if i'd substituted "taste" for "climb"), and then it was six o'clock in the morning (but five in louisiana, which is where he is), and i went to bed thirsty but happy.

i won noc's bot contest, for which the prize was three complete port raids, and now i'm all antsy and afraid to check my email. i've already gotten a handful of overwhelmingly postive reviews on shorter stuff, but i have a feeling all three reviewers are going to get frustrated when they get to the folder with the long stuff in it.

and, grim, i'm ALMOST done answering your prompt, but having trouble with my ending. i should probably just send you what i have and get feedback, but i'm determined to finish first.

i know what the problem is. it's that i haven't gotten more than three hours of sleep any of the last eight nights. on that note, maybe it's bedtime. hahaha.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347304-Chinese-Acrobatics