*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349038-5-23-My-first-counseling-appointment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #973234
Thank you to my anonymous gift giver. Here is my life from day to day.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#349038 added May 23, 2005 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
5-23 My first counseling appointment
Today I went to my counseling appointment. I met with a licensed therapist named Pam. I was very surprised that I did not cry. There was so much that we discussed, I was too overwhelmed to shed a tear. Although, I did get a little choked up every now and then.
I really like Pam. She seems to genuinely care, and shares her personal experience as a way to help make you feel more at ease about your situation. Part of me feels that she tends to talk a little more about her experience rather than listen to your own, but maybe in time, I will get more chances to talk.
We have decided that the best course of action is to medicate as well as continue therapy. I am not opposed to anti-depressants. I was on Prozac while I was pregnant with my second son. I am not sure that was the best thing for me to do then, seeing as he was born with withdrawals from the drug, but I do not see any harm in helping myself now that I am no longer pregnant.
I guess I can be stereotyped as "crazy" now, but I do not feel any shame in getting help. I also know that I will not need the drugs my whole life. I just need something to help me cope with the depression that I am suffering from at the moment.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

A closing thought: If to some people I am considered "crazy" for admitting my faults and seeking treatment, then what about those who deny the truth? Aren't we all a little "crazy"? I believe there are two types of people, those who are truthful to themselves, and those who are too afraid to look inside themselves.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

"I stopped throwing things when I came to this realization: I was the one who had to clean it up or replace it." - Pam

© Copyright 2005 my3sons (UN: my3sons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
my3sons has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349038-5-23-My-first-counseling-appointment