*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357836
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #987544
The items entered for Russusred's contest
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#357836 added July 11, 2007 at 5:50pm
Restrictions: None
I am not alone!
*Flower1**Flower1**Flower1**Flower1**Flower1**Flower1**Flower1*

I am not alone!

*Snow2**Snow2**Snow2**Snow2**Snow2**Snow2**Snow2*




All this time, I had thought of myself as being the one and only character in the room. I spent most days relaxing and looking at the rays or enjoying the Summer's son on me as the day was ending. That would mean Moonlight would soon appear, stroking a blank streak on my back.

And then, something terrible happened. Summer's son abandoned me and it was dark forever. I cried remembering those forgone days when He bathed me with his affectionate heat. Even Moonlight seemed to shy away now.

I tried to move my feet, so I could turn around and check on what used to be the source of light. But they remained immobile.

Then it dawned on me. Maybe I was not alone here. Someone could help me understand. So I did something I had never done before, I started to look.
How interesting! I had never thought of doing so before. I simply sat here and enjoyed my simple existence. Not once had it crossed my mind to explore my environment.

I searched through the dark. As my eyes got used to it, I discovered a bed in a corner. I nearly blanked out from the excitement; there was another familiar item in this room!
It was a beautiful one too: a white country French bed with delicate carvings. I dared not look any further and peruse any more corners. I thought I’d better do something with what I had just found.

So far, I had used my voice only to sing. When Moonlight came, I would sing to her, while she caressed my back. Now, I could maybe, just maybe…

“Hey, there... Bed! Can you hear me? Bonjour!”

“Quoi?” was the answer and it came to me accompanied by a loud yawn.

“Sorry for waking you!”

“Qui? Quoi? Ou?”

“The chair, here, near the window.”

“I know! I know! What did you wake me up for?”

“I just thought of asking why it is so dark… I must admit I am partial to Sun light.”

“Well, it’s gonna be tough, but you gotta take it… How to say that? Comment dire? Oh, well, here it goes, c'est l'hiver, Madame, it’s winter now!”


WC:369
© Copyright 2007 Florence C. (UN: isa-danton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Florence C. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357836