*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360148-Power-Ballads
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#360148 added July 15, 2005 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Power Ballads
on the upside, i've got a new cheerleader, leahjoy, and i think we're going to get to be great friends. she's an amazing poet, one of the few on the site who has ever really made me feel anything lasting; i'd recommend checking her out (leahjoy is her username and handle). turns out she's the one who sponsored that story last week, and now that i know why she did it, i really appreciate it.

on the upside, i saw "charlie and the chocolate factory" this afternoon with my brother, and it exceeded my expectations. take that, haters. of course, i'm biased, being as i am a pretty serious burton/depp/bonham carter/elfman fan. everything any one of them touches is gold. i would really like to see them become dark royalty, if such a thing exists in hollywood. "the corpse bride" looks fantastic, too. that's my macabre side coming out, which i don't think it ever has before within this journal. i don't know who i'm going to get to go see it with me. none of my friends will think it's art. i think it'll be ten times better than "the nightmare before christmas," which was a masterpiece.

on the upside, i don't have to work tomorrow. there's nothing like a week full of long, monotonous work days to spark a real appreciation for the weekend.

on the downside, it's been a depressing night, and i don't know how i'm going to fall asleep now that the rain has stopped. marcus is supposed to call after chuck's party; he wanted to finish a talk that we started having at six o'clock this morning, and didn't finish then because i had to leave for work at eight. i don't want to. i think, i know, that it will start a fight, that it will be his fault for insisting, and that i'll be the one who ultimately feels sick and miserable about it for days. i'd just rather not.

on the downside, i just remembered i forgot to change the light bulbs in my room, two of which blew out within twenty minutes of other last night. i have apparently developed some kind of knack for involuntarily destroying every bulb i touch. i did the one in my dad's office this afternoon. and burned my finger in the process.

on the downside, i need more than what this night is apt to offer. i'd love for aaron to update, but it seems like he's out partying, and katrina and christina are probably tending to their respective flocks, and everyone else is either in a different time zone or otherwise capitalizing on their friday night in a way that, shamefully, i am not. i meant to write tonight, but i left all my melinda notes in the car, which didn't stop me when i realized i'd done the same with my phone charger, i just ran out there and came back with wet feet, but now it's dark, and i'm not in the mood to get murdered tonight.

on the meh side, i've still got those virgins to read about. so far only one has committed suicide, and i'm starting to wonder why i'm so ravenous to see the others follow.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360148-Power-Ballads