*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364082-I-Keep-Thinking-Its-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#364082 added August 5, 2005 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
I Keep Thinking It's Thursday
my diurnal clock might as well be a sundial. it is definitely not of the digital variety. the nearest i can tell without looking at the computer display, it's still early in the morning, and the day is dragging by.

there was this "mutts" strip once, at least five years ago, one panel--a goldfish bowl with a tiny piece of fake seaweed and two fish inside, one saying to the other, "i keep thinking it's thursday." the irony being, of course, that why would a goldfish care what day of the week it was? or feel like it mattered at all what day of the week he thought it was? pretty funny, his little deadpan expression, his tiny world with its single fake decoration, his delusion of temporal significance.

actually, though, i think he was making fun of us.

anyway, it can't be thusday, because if it were any day besides friday, someone would have taken me aside and said i was showing too much cleavage. then i would have been sent home, and oh what a tragedy that would have been.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364082-I-Keep-Thinking-Its-Thursday