*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366461-Once-More-for-Kicks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#366461 added August 16, 2005 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
Once More for Kicks
the idea was to try for an early bedtime tonight, since i'd been running on two hours of sleep all day. somehow a phone call was supposed to factor in, and did, and this one was slightly longer than last night's, but ended much the same way. and so, again, the house is asleep, and i am awake. i guess i should be cherishing these moments, since after saturday i won't be home anymore. hard to do that when i'm so sleepy i can barely think. or see straight.

which reminds me, i have an optometrist appointment tomorrow, which means i have to wear my contacts to work. grumble. when i don't have anyone to look pretty for, i really hate those hellish little things. floppy little frisbees from hell.

which reminds me, i made the mistake of watching "from hell" in bed tonight, thinking a quick johnny fix would undo the damage of the day. not suspecting that it would actually be rather nasty, even by my standards, which are decidedly looser than most.

which reminds me, i'd like to see "charlie and the chocolate factory" at least once more before i head back to atlanta. for kicks.

which reminds me, i really don't want to go to atlanta.

which reminds me, i should have called krystle back this evening instead of watching that ghastly movie. i promised i would; we talked earlier today and she got my card, the pretty purple-and-gold butterfly i sent her from the vineyard, and it was the first time we'd talked in several days, and it turns out she worked things out with alexa--they're going to share the apartment that i was supposed to share with her. on an unrelated note, i do not like alexa. i anticipate spending tons of time in that apartment (which reminds me, i need to look into travel linens), but that's going to be hard when krystle will be sharing the space with one of my least favorite people at school. totally my fault, of course. i was a complete flake about the apartment. not that i could have done anything differently, short of bullying my parents into saying yes, sooner.

which reminds me, i am very angry at them right now.

i hope i have a daughter just like me someday, to put me in my place. ha! i'd die. i'd shoot her first and then die. it would be truly unfair of me to unleash a second rendering of my genes on the world. maybe for my twenty-first birthday, my friends will all pitch in and pay for me to get my tubes tied. wouldn't that be the height of great irony. to let these "childbearing hips to go waste," as sean puts it. to experience pregnancy again and again through my fictitious creations, but never firsthand.

on the bright side, i am the literati queen.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366461-Once-More-for-Kicks