*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368337-Wooooooot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#368337 added August 24, 2005 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
Wooooooot
i get so frustrated when it's been two days, three, and i log on here and find people's journals full of unread entries, forums full of new posts, too much stuff going on and not enough time to catch up before the next wave of activity.

anyway, here i am. the new roommate's name is melony, and she, like treesje, hails from california. san diego, to be precise. they also share a markedly cavalier attitude toward issues of possession, as evidenced by "i didn't bring a tv; i figured you'd have one. could you put it right there?" that's not such a big deal. treesje said the same thing on day one of freshman year. i can put the tube wherever you want it, just as long as this situation doesn't turn out like that one did. melony will only be here till december, at which point she returns to san diego to finish out her junior and senior years. treesje stuck around for nine whole months, and still manages to hold claim to some amount of my energy. melony's nice. she will have boys over, eventually. i'll have to make myself scarce sometimes.

which will be fine. i'll flee to krystle's condo, which is about five minutes off campus, convenient enough that i plan on being here a lot. i'm here now, picking at a sandwich and a donut.

i'm going to see marcus later.

i experienced some pretty intense separation anxiety when my parents split yesterday. they left me with my altima, after a pretty intense battle over that and various other privileges, so that's nice. but i'm afraid of atlanta now, in a way i didn't learn to be till second semester sophomore year. if things turn out shitty, i won't be able to take it.

they might not, though. i got a raise; i now get ten dollars an hour to tutor students in writing. considerably less than what i made over the summer, but sometimes it'll mean the difference between eating and starving, going places and getting gas-stranded. i know how to get places and i'll get there. i like melony enough to survive. i rearranged the room so that i don't have to trip over my own feet, and that picture (the one going in the glass frame) really is a cute one.

and, by carrie bradshaw's definition, i'm actually not a virgin. how about that.

i'm still scared. tell me it'll be okay. and thank you for the free hug.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368337-Wooooooot