*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370085-Summer-13-Asma-September-1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#370085 added September 1, 2005 at 6:35pm
Restrictions: None
Summer: 13 Asma (September 1)
TREASURE OF THE DAY

Shelter

Fading into the drywall.

Stucco hiding her face.
Cement crushing her heart.
Nails feeding her pain.
Paint masking her tears.

The wallflower.

part of: "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor


2005-09-01
late afternoon, 78 degrees. 66 in Boise City, OK.

The sky is a blue that only John Denver could've captured. Perfectly clear, after a nice sprinkle. A bit stormy in the Panhandle. It'll be less dusty, for sure. (see "Boise City)

Went to Tea Time (see: "Tea-tottering-time) and laughed with Ingi who is third generation Turk. We spoke about hospitality and food. Want her to see the movie 'Steam'. Most of it takes place in Istanbul. Makes me want to go there.

Lee Olson emailed me that there is a devotional service tommorrow in Chicago at the Bahá'í House of Worship for the South and Iraq.

2005-09-01
noon, 76 degrees. 64 in Goose Bay, NF.

On this Thirteenth day of Names, I flew between the raindrops before the freshening of the storm. Managed to get to the House-of-Books without getting wet.

Katrina is raining on Labrador in North East Canada. Few associate hurricanes with the Great-White-North, but Hazel in '54 killed 83 in Ontario. Toronto was devastated by the flooding. In '03 Juan ransacked Nova Scotia and P.E.I.

Choose my object for the Spinning Word contest: 'flag alarm' (a signal made by a small flag that appears on the indicator of an instrument which begins giving unreliable readings). I opened a dictionary and pointed. One word is as good as another. In a week I'll know which emotion I have to attach to it.

Saw a game being played on the lawn in front of Fraser Hall. Two teams, orange bats, red ball (up in the tree at one point). Asked what it was: Field Crumpets. It looked like fun and they were one short and asked me to play, but I said no. My eyes are not good and my stamina is worse! So what exactly is it? I guess going to http://www.fieldcrumpets.com would provide the answers.


OVERHEARD

"Do you think all we know of each other is the caricature?" Richard Hagerman (a.k.a. the Philosopher's Bone)

SENSED YESTERDAY:

The fruity orange and lime of Dots; a trickle wetting the gutter, tickling leaf litter; a student playing John Lennon on the piano; Field Crumpets, orange bats, red ball and yellow markers; smell of lantana and autumn clematis.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370085-Summer-13-Asma-September-1