*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378075-Recovery
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #976801
Journal writings about my youngest son's journey with spina bifida
#378075 added October 8, 2005 at 3:41pm
Restrictions: None
Recovery
The wait lasted a little over four and a half hours. Time after time, the doctors came out and talked to other families. Smiles and nods and handshakes were traded back and forth while we waited.

Finally, they came for us. The chief pediatric neurosurgeon came around the corner of the doorway and smiled at us. Thank God. She told us that surgery had gone well and that everything had been perfect. Using the electrodes that they had connected to his head, they were able to determine that he still had full motor use of his legs and feet. His vitals had stayed perfect throughout the entire operation. He was now in recovery and we could see him as soon as he woke up.

I couldn't stop myself from reaching out and embracing her. I hugged her and whispered, "Thank you." She actually laughed and patted my arm. "My pleasure," she smiled.

My husband and I walked back to the waiting room to wait for Jack to wake up. As we walked down the long hall, we held hands, and I think we were swinging them back and forth as we walked, like giddy little kids. We grinned and chattered and nearly burst with our gratefulness. God is so good.

© Copyright 2005 momoffour (UN: momoffour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
momoffour has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378075-Recovery