*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379528-Double-Double
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#379528 added October 15, 2005 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
Double Double
"hocus pocus" is the greatest movie ever made.

took two drunk people home last night, meanwhile worrying over how the remaining drunks got home, as sean, their designated driver, had already gone to sleep. i told myself they probably crashed on the floor, though the staggering likelihood is that chris drove. he insists the weed cancels out the alcohol, and maybe he's right, because sean, who hasn't had a drink since i've known him, has had twice as many accidents as chris, and four times as many speeding tickets.

arrington picked a fight as i was pulling up in front of her apartment complex, and wouldn't get out of the car till i apologized for "tempting" her boyfriend at the mtv thing last weekend. i didn't, but i said i was sorry anyway. then it took almost an hour to find nick's apartment, not because i didn't follow directions, but because the directions came from someone who would eventually retch violently all over his own front yard. beautiful. thank god his roommates were home, because lord knows i'd have wanted to stay with him otherwise, and it was already going on five o'clock, and i was already going to cry. mostly because by then i was completely lost in alpharetta, with no one to call for directions, because everyone qualified was either asleep or drunk.

i woke marcus up, and he wasn't mad, and he stayed on the phone with me till i found my way back to the 85. that was good.

i am missing out on one of the critical benefits of journaling, because i never write anything in here till i already know how i feel about it. not so with the paper journal, which i know now, because the paper journal now contains the six-page rendition of the above story, replete with the details of how it adjusted my philosophy on that level of drunkenness. here, i can summarize with a single statement, one i've already made in a hundred different ways.

or skip it entirely, even. i mean, he threw up less than six inches from my open-toed shoes. it should be obvious.

today i think i'm going to make collages. and make everyone do it with me. before this rubber cement dries up entirely, and before these bare white walls drive me crazy. i left the emerald forest masterpiece at home.

i'm trying to remember how old i was when this movie first came out. very young, i hope, because i distinctly remember how when this scene came on (max, danny and allison crash the grownups' halloween party, max jumps onstage to warn the townspeople about the witches, bette midler takes the stage and proceeds to put a spell on the townspeople, bollywood-style), i used to make a total fool out of myself, mimicking her movements, squealing with excitement at the blasted brilliance of it all. no different now. i almost fell out of my chair, a moment ago. i love halloween.

your wretched lives have all been cursed, 'cause of all the witches working...i'm the worst! i don't just love this movie. i drip with love for this movie. though i kind of wanted the sanderson sisters to prevail, in the end.

tia and tamara: "twitches," as of this evening. and i'm kind of hoping they'll show "double, double, toil and trouble," with the olsen twins. i wish i could be eight again, just for the month of october.

commercials are over, and it begins where it ends. "hocus pocus" is the greatest movie ever made.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379528-Double-Double