*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381494-Other-Stuff-From-Back-in-the-Room
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#381494 added October 24, 2005 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Other Stuff, From Back in the Room
1. my little apple dumpling is sleeping soundly, the way she was when i left this morning; only this time she's on my bed, clutching my remote, with mtv blaring loudly from my television. not that i mind any of these things.

2a. the weekend was just as horrible as i thought it would be. but the step show was just as fantastic, except for those twenty seconds during which marcus ran across and flew off the backs of his fellow steppers, narrowly missing the edge of the rather high-platformed stage, and almost crashed down to his death below, thereby simultaneously and permanently silencing the heart of one jittery watcher in the fifth row.
b. the height of culture gaply frustration is trying to explain the mechanics/appeal of a "step show" to multiple people who have never heard of one.
c. the next big thing from david copperfield, in case you're not as brilliantly well-informed as i am, is that supposedly he's going to impregnate a woman onstage, using only magic. i'm skeptical about this for the obvious reasons, but if such a thing is possible, well, i don't know, the step show was just that magical. check back with me in a few weeks.
d. also: does this mean david copperfield thinks he's god, now?

3. it must not actually be as cold as i think it is, because no one else is complaining about the temperature. i guess if it were actually as cold as i think it is, the world would freeze over and stop turning, or something. all i really ate this week, besides endless fruitonic punch-flavored gushers, was one tofu reuben sandwich and a bunch of potato wedges. in punishment, my body has decided to turn cold-blooded this week.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381494-Other-Stuff-From-Back-in-the-Room