*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381837-The-Story-Behind-The-Haunted-Forest
Rated: E · Book · Teen · #1025510
A young girl caves in to peer pressure, and finds herself in a near-death situation.
#381837 added October 26, 2005 at 6:32am
Restrictions: None
The Story Behind The Haunted Forest
The Haunted forest? I'd never set foot in there in my life! I'd been hearing stories about that place ever since i was young. Apparently, a kid was murdered in there a few years back. they found his body hanging from a tree, rotting and decomposing, covered in flies. A couple of months later a group of children went into that forest-and no-one ever saw them again. Yeh, i know it sound like a corny ghost story to scare kids, but i swear to god, its true. I don't know of anyone thats been right in there and come out alive. Police never caught whoever did it. Most people say it was the ghost of that murdered kid.
Hangmans hut was a little wooden shack right in the heart off the forest. When hangings were still commonplace, the hangman lived in that hut-shunned by the rest of society because of his gruesome task. 60 years he lived, and died in the hut. Iv heard that his ghost sits in that hut, waiting to capture and hang whoever enters his forest. Thats what happened to the murdered boy. He was hanged.
It gave me the shivers just thinking about it. And this evening, in the dark? But i couldn't back out, i'd already said i'd do it. There was no way i was going to give them the satisfaction.

By 7 this evening, i was stood on he outskirts to of the forest. I'd told mum i was off to Trisha's. Iwish i was. This place looked more fearful than i had imagined. The trees were twisted and gnarled, the marks on their barks like faces, tortured, screaming in pain. In the distance i could here an owl hooting, birds flapping in the trees. The whole place was covered in darkness, like a barrier, trying to ward off anyone brave enough to so much as think about entering the forest.
I wish i was brave enough.
Shaking slightly, more with fear than the harsh cold, i reached into my bag and pulled out a torch. The beam was strong, and it cut through the darkness like a knife thorugh butter, into the forest. Holding my breath, and wishing i was anywhere but here, i followed the light into the forest.
© Copyright 2005 Scarlet101 (UN: scarlet101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlet101 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381837-The-Story-Behind-The-Haunted-Forest