*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383647-Trying-to-beat-writers-blockprocrastination-or-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #1024386
The days of Michelle's life as a wife, mother, daughter, employee
#383647 added November 3, 2005 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
Trying to beat writer's block/procrastination or life
Driving to work today, I started thinking of moments in my life that had a permanent place in my memories. Ones that I recall with joy or sadness but all recur with strong emotions. I've been asked what I write about or how to start and in each of these moments, there is a story or poem. Some have found their way to paper, others still float about my mind.
Taking a few minutes in the morning with my daughter Briana, 20-months old, to shuffle sideways down the hall with her, into her room and back down the hall to the living room, listening to her laughter as it filled my heart with complete innocence. "When 2 minutes, mean the world," a work in progress.
Sitting in the back seat of the car with my daughter, Alyssa, 15-years old, watching her lip sync to a song she was listening to on her headphones while she looked straight ahead, oblivious to what was around her and I wondered if she was feeling the story of the song and I wished I could hear it to understand what she was going through. How easy it would be to listen to the lyrics of a song and know how are children are feeling exactly at any moment.
I was washing my hands in the kitchen sink, when I felt my husand's gentle hand against my lower back as he leaned into my body and softly asked me a question. I don't even remember the question, all I remember is the respect I felt in his voice and the softness of his hand and how his love for me formed a smile that drew from my heart and reached to my lips.
The day my son Kyle, 12-years old, asked me if I thought, Briana, then 6-months old, looked up to him. Finally, he is not the youngest or smallest and he has so much pride and love for his baby sister that he wants to be a protector of her and a model for her. Sometimes, the fact that he is a boy makes me forget how sensitive he really is.
Sitting next to my mother on a roller coaster ride and listening to her giggle like a child, barely able to hang onto the railing in front of her or keep her head straight while tears streamed from her brown eyes, down her face until the ride stopped. That's where I get that from!

There are many more but as life continues to creep into my writing time, I must stop for today and carry on with the essential task of working for a paycheck.

© Copyright 2005 Mwrites (UN: mwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mwrites has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/383647-Trying-to-beat-writers-blockprocrastination-or-life