*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384394-No-mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#384394 added November 7, 2005 at 5:51am
Restrictions: None
No mind.
I was talking with susanL the other night when she gave me an interesting bit of advice. We were talking about my writing and I asked her what she thought I could do to improve on it. She said she felt I needed to write it with the passion I seem to reserver for other topics. An example of this is when I talk to her about politics or something I feel strongly about.

She explained that when she reads my stories it seems like I hold back. She says it almost always seems like it borders on a fine line between losing control and remaining restrained. She suggested that I do a bit more freewriting and keep up on my reading.

Today I wrote a bit more on my Sauriel piece trying to keep that in mind as I focused on the story. When I finished and gave it to her she felt I had made a great difference, but in writing it like that I felt different. I wrote two full solid pages in the blink of an eye and time just seemed to slip away. For once I stopped writing the story thinking, "Would this how I would want this character to act like" and let the character decide for themselves. It was interesting, and different.

Let's hope it keeps working like that ;)

But I'm out for the night. Or morning. Or whatever you people want to call it. The sun has yet to come up ;)

Night.

© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384394-No-mind