*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384561-French-Lick
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#384561 added November 7, 2005 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
French Lick
i am insanely tired of shitty, unsolicited relationship advice. it's not so much a question of you don't know us, on what grounds are you attempting to evaluate us, even though it's that too; it's more like, and this goes for ninety percent of those offering said "advice"--you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. none whatsoever. and i don't believe your reportedly good intentions, and i don't want advice anyway, which is why i don't get into detail, often.

got another email earlier this evening. nothing particularly original, except the line that suggests that i "make other people miserable."

which is laughable, if anything.

and also, that, on saturday, that wasn't a manic episode. that was a genuinely good mood, a rarity but not an impossibility for me, certainly not suggestive that i'm unstable or bipolar or anything so extreme. thanks, though, for the diagnosis.

there is a vague november malaise settling in, a bit late, because the weather has been outrageous. it climbed to the seventies today, not even a week after that foray into the frigid forties. i'm guessing our psyches gave up on waiting around for a permanent temperature drop, took the initiative on their own. marcus snapped on the phone yesterday, which was nice; i'd had it easy for too long.

prewriting, idea webs, brainstorming: all crap. writing is writing. if you have an idea, get it down before it takes flight; that first slap of inspiration is the idea in its purest form, and you'll never get that moment back.

i like tom cruise, and i like brad pitt, and i like nicole and jennifer too, at least as much as one can like people she knows absolutely nothing about. and i think, unfortunately, that having the entirety of your private life, or some mangled variation thereof, splashed across the public canvas, all that's just one of many trials you must endure to earn your millions. realistically. it is and always has been that way.

here again, i don't remember where i was going with this entry. i remember being angry, opening it up. give me a minute to think.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384561-French-Lick