*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390241-Two-joints-to-make-me-feel-all-right
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#390241 added December 3, 2005 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
Two joints to make me feel all right.
Just got back from seeing the Harry Potter movie. A lot of my friends warned me prior to seeing it that I should not have read the book first. I can understand why they felt that way.

I however knew that with the ever expanding length of the books that more and more would be cut from future movies.

What makes me sad, and this might be my own personal taste, is the lack of character development steadily falling into the movies. There is so much ground to cover that you hardly see the characters grow. Granted, I would say that 75% of the theater audience had already read the novel, and were merely there to see their favorite scenes brought to life, but I couldn't help but to feel that for those who haven't read the novels it gives a very shallow view of the characters.

For instance: they made Hermoine into nothing more than a simpering teenage girl who seemed incapable of standing on her own.

After I got out of the movie I noticed that Shauna was trying to reach me. I called her back and she came over the line questioning when I was going to be coming home. I told her that since it was just me that saw it that I would be home soon.

I get home, fixed the DVD player(When will they learn to plug it into the right place?!) and then promptly climbed up the stairs and hid myself within my room.

Five minutes later Shauna comes knocking at my door. "Come downstairs and help us put the tree up."

"Umm...no." I reply. This isn't a tradition I take great pleasure in, especially after the events that transpired yesterday upon my return home.

After a few minutes of heated pleading and refusal she turned to leave.

"Your mom is in a good mood today." She said, making a last ditch effort.

"I don't care. I'm sick of acting like nothing is wrong."

This was my last comment, with which caused her to leave promptly.

I am truly sick of acting like nothing is wrong. Shauna wants to make sure that I leave this house on good terms with both of my parents. I understand that, but I'm just not ready to go jumping out the day after things exploded and just keep a half-hearted smile upon my face as I throw things atop the tree with her.

Ugh.

On a brighter note I finished Order of the Phoenix last night and I have started my run through of Half-Blood Prince.

~Shakes his fist at Rowling~

© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390241-Two-joints-to-make-me-feel-all-right