*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392564-Dayum
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#392564 added December 14, 2005 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Dayum
today i'm going to the movies with tina and eddie, which is exciting because tina and i recently figured out that we haven't seen each other in something like seventeen years. which is practically my whole life and quite clearly the entirety of hers. not literally. we haven't seen each other since, god, was it last christmas break? so a year, throughout which neither of us has changed much, or not so much that we won't giggle and share food and trip over each other's feet all through the movie.

tina is my shannon, which basically means, and this will sound remarkably conceited, that she trumps me at just about everything we do. well. that's not necessarily true. we've had comparable successes, let's put it that way. we were up for a couple of the same positions in high school, were in two major activities together and basically had to work in close quarters for both our upperclassman years, to the point where people started pretending they couldn't tell us apart. ridiculous, you'd have to see a picture to know how ridiculous. anyway, though, she makes me want to be a better writer, a better person, to say more interesting things and to have only the most sophisticated of tastes in literature and cinema (not to be confused with books and movies). which is why we're seeing king kong in an hour. where is she? tina, if you're at home and you're reading this, i.e. haven't left yet to pick me up, then...please do, my mom took the day off and she's driving me crazy, and the regal is far away.

© Copyright 2005 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392564-Dayum