*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395201-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#395201 added December 28, 2005 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
Winter: 17 Masá'il (December 28)
2005-12-28
afternoon, 48 degrees. 55 in Tahlequah, OK. 56 in Pittsburgh, PA.

Got a nice email from Diana Moser today. She writes poetry herself and submits them to the Tahlequah paper. Write on!

No word from Brendan in Pittsburgh. Maybe he's out enjoying the weather? Nice here too. It's been above normal except for that one cold spell.

From a letter to a friend (I'll probably rewrite it):

Hey ____,
         Weird weather, cool and damp. Yesterday was sunny and mild. Monday was over 60.
         Hope you have the energy to keep up with ____. Winter is my season to hibernate. I curl up with a book and read. Read "S is for Silence" by Sue Grafton. Light reading but what-the-hay.
         At Aimée's sitting in the adjoining antique store to avoid an intense conversation about Dec. 29th 1880 (Wounded Knee). My prob is the concept of being beaten on the head for not knowing the date or the particulars of the massacre. I wish I could tell the one guy that educating people is more appropriate than pounding them on the head. We are all a product of our culture and history. I asked him whether he knew about Greenwood 1921. (white folk waged war against the black folk of North Tulsa killing hundreds. Oklahomans don't like being reminded) How can I expect anyone to know if I don't educate? Can't. Anyway, it's why I commemorate ML King's 'I have a dream' speech around Aug 28th (1963) with a light touch and do what I can for Ayyám-i-Há (Feb 25 - Mar 1st) every year.
         As I grow older (you will too *Smile* - day by day) I wonder whether my life has had meaning. I like to believe it has. That in some way some kindness or generosity of spirit on my part has made a small piece of the planet a better place to be. I don't deny there have been negative moments as well - just see no benefit from focusing on them. Better to try not make the same mistakes and move on. I avoid those who wish to beat me about the head. What small pleasure they derive from it is their problem.
         You mentioned once that my speaking up may/would cause problems. But so did my silence. I cross that bridge again here. This time I'm documenting some incidents and filing complaints (and including solutions) in writing to prevent violence from escalating (it's an ongoing issue). Change will come - that's a given in life. I would like to nudge it in a positive direction. The alternative is to get out of the frying pan and move on, leaving the mess 'as is' to boil until it blows up or simmers down. Unfortunately, my options are few. I'd really prefer to be happy and left alone, but that's not happening. Say a prayer for me that this works out well for everyone (me too).

© Copyright 2005 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395201-