*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409272-Chapter-1
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #1075757
please i need an editor for my work anybody
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#409272 added February 26, 2006 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1


Chapter 1


Clawing at the inky darkness struggling to open his eyes, he awoke in a clearing, circled by large black monolithic stones with strange golden scriptures on them, the force whatever it was that had brought him there still hung in the air like a thick blanket. The forest around him was thick, teeming with life the birds sang; in the distance he could hear the distant bark of a wolf on the hunt. He slowly got to his feet sill at awe with his surroundings this was not at all like the clearing he had fallen unconscious in, he felt a magic in the air around this place that was stronger than any he had felt before. Me looked his body over and found that, though his armor was torn and bloody he had no arrows and no wounds. He reached back to his sward to make sure that the peace not was still tied he than smoothed out his Yukata and look around the dense surroundings for a sign of a path. There was one that seemed to lead to a darker part to the forest and was almost over grown with foliage. He silently prayed to any god that would listen to him and began down the trail, as he walked the screams of men and horses still hung in his head, all those men he thought what had happened how had the Req gotten in front of them how?

He had been traveling down the long forgotten path for three days scrounging for food from berry bushes that grew beside the path partially obscuring what was left of this ancient road; he came upon another clearing from witch the sound of laughter came from. When he broke from the forest he say several girls sitting in a circle stroking an injured fox, walking up behind them and spoke “Excuse me i…” cut off by there screams he fell backward striking his head on a rock and began sinking into darkness once again cursing himself for not being more aware of his surroundings and the root that had tripped him.

When he awoke there was no one around and it was dark out, now sitting he rubbed the back of his head trying to massage the lump down so it would not hurt so much. He shakily got to his feet and looked around there was no sign of the children but the animal that he thought was a fox was actually a red wolf pup it was laying close by. He walked over to it and kneeled down leaning over her listened to its heart he found that it was fluttering and weak, he felt he needed to help the pup he began to manipulate its energy pressing on different pressure points changing the flow. He kneeled there for hours poking and prodding the various points trying to get the energy to flow right, finally when he did he sat and looked at his work the pup was now breathing deeply and was at ease. He wondered what had happened that had thrown the energy of the pup so wiled that it would have killed it had he not been there. He sat and began to meditate when he heard a noise where the pup was, it had awoken, he felt the pup playfully jump on him and began to lick his face he began top laugh as that little pup would not stop, it ran over to a branch much larger than it an proceeded to pick it to try and pick it up. After a few minutes of growling and struggling the dog backed up and barked at it than turned to him and barked at him its tail wagging at a mad pace.

“So I see you have recovered well little one” he sead as he got up a smile on his face as he watched the pup romp around him chasing random things. “Well I don’t know if you care but my name is Artanis”

The pup barked as if in agnolagement.

“I don’t think he does but I do and so does his mother” sead a feminine voice behind him.

He spun on his heel and his jaw fell open saw a tall slender woman with long silver hair that was done up in a ponytail at the top of her head, she wore a white dress and she was flanked by a very large red wolf that stood a good seven feet tall.

“That was a very compassionate thing you did after you scared the wood nymphs away you could have just left him there and gone on you way why did you not” the silver haired women asked

He swallowed the lump in his through and sead “he needed help so I provided it to him he would not have survived had I not”

“No he would not have, he had a disease of the mind and his body was failing quite rapidly what you did was magic are you a sorcerer if so why do you ware a blade.” She sead motioning at the hilt of his kitana suspended by a tied off silky sash on his left side.

“I am no sorcerer I am a warrior who is on his way to Gukinjun to serve in the emperors army but apparently I longer am where I should be” Artanis sead in an evenly toned voice

She blinked and sead “I have never heard of this place before”

A scream came from a bush, a woman dressed in leather armor with cat’s ears read hair, and a tail came running out with a sward drawn. She was to fast for him to undo the naught on his sward instead he used the sheath to block the first strike right after that came a quick succession of six more strikes witch he fended off easily, when she had played out her attack he attacked with the but end, striking her in the leg than he made a short strike to her wrist she yelped dropping her sward and falling to the ground.

The silver haired woman stared in shock the battle had been but a few seconds, a very powerful warrior was now on the ground her sward a few feet away, Artanis now had the sward back on his hip and had resumed the same stance he had before the attack. She now new that this man could have killed her if he wonted to but he had just disarmed her. The silver Hired woman spoke “Well as I was going to say before we were interrupted my name is Larissa, this “she motened at the huge wolf” is Deggerah, and that “she motend at the downed warier cradling her wrist wincing in pain every time she moved it ” is Cetta she fancies herself the protector of me though the Dire Wolfs provide enough, though she is part cat she is still young to the way of the sward. Apparently she still needs to work on her swordsman ship, though I have to admit you are quite fast.”

He bent over and put out his hand to Cetta, she looked up in her eyes were tears of pain, he helped her the her feet and bowed “I ask for your forgiveness I let my self get carried away I should not have” She looked deep in hi eyes scratched her head with her left hand and stuttered” umm…I… well…I…I’m…ah…well ”

Larissa cut her off “what she is trying to say is that she is sorry for attacking you with out provocation”

Artanis looked at them both Larissa was glaring at Cetta and the girl was rubbing her hurt hand and was looking at the ground. They herd a little squeaky bark and looked at the pup that was still trying to pick up the large branch and had once again resorted to barking at the stubborn branch the group began to laugh, Cetta stood there a small smile on her face looking at the pup. Jukuo took her right hand, began to message the wrist, and pressed a few spots before he pushed it back into place. She looked at it and moved it around her eyes wide than she looked at him ad sead “ I don’t feel any pain what did you do?”

“Pressed a few pressure points to release pressure than I set it back in place it will hurt a little and you should stay off practicing the sward for a couple days to let it mend.” He sead as he picked up her short sward and presented it to her hilt first. She took it in her left hand and tried several time to get it back in the sheathe on the same side.

Larissa lead them down to the to the edge of the clearing the Dire Wolf stood looking at Artanis back her cub barking and wrestling under her watchful super vision with other pups that had emerged from the brush only moments before. When they reached the densest part of the underbrush Larissa spread her hands and the brush began to part making a path. She turned to Artanis and Cetta and bid them to follow her down the path, they began to walk down hearing the pups joy filled barks and growl’s as it played with its siblings this brought a smile to Artanis’s face.

They walked down the path, in four days of travel all Cetta had been doing was moping about, stewing in the fact that she had been so easily defeated by a human that possessed a speed with the sward un seen before in these parts of the world, a magic that had helped something that no magic known to the forest people or there witch queen. As she dwelled on this and realized that he should not have even been able to get passed the boarder shields until she had taken them down, a though struck her maybe he was the one that had been foretold of in the prophecy of Dragons Bain. But prophecy’s where so mingled with the retellings from generation to generation and the true meaning had probably been obscured many generations ago the scriptures had been lost before the witch queen came to rule them. The memories where still fresh in the elders minds when a black tendrils of the Great War had touched them, unable to hold back the demons they raped and tortured many, stealing what little riches they could find, burned down the ancient libraries. They took all scholars and the women that they could find leaving only when they saw the witch queen’s Larissa’s army of haphazard farmers the attack was sead to have lasted days. Larissa’s army had helped to rebuild there burned cities and thought them how to defend themselves, some stayed but most left and after Larissa put a shield that would prevent the same thing from happening but if this man had gotten in than the demons could come back. The thought scarred her to the point of not being able to sleep these last nights, her people were a non-aggressive people though some learned the way of the sward but it was mostly frowned upon but the young but embraced by the elders. It was very confusing when her grand parents had told her to take up the sward that a dark cloud was beginning to cover the land again and the demons might retune, her parents however forbade her to learn the sward as did most of the parents but still the children learned and this began the building of barracks and other military structures.

They came around a bend and there was the forest peoples home the city of Farnlef it was a sprawling metropolis of one thousand of the forest folk a place Cetta had called homer for as long as she could reamer. The city was cut out of the side of the mountain it had four levels the last being a large plateau and each level sported a fortified wall twenty feet thick made out of solid rock and turrets. The rock that the city was made out of was a brilliant white that faded to black as coal by the bottom wall. On the plateau was a soaring tower that stretched far into the sky on the front was a massive crest that displayed a hawk in flight looking down on the lands around the massive city. The ramparts where adorned with massive statues of hero’s and animals that seemed not to ward away trespassers but to welcome those in need of inspiration, this place was built to inspire those who saw it and it looked that it was also built to protect those within the walls. Artanis looked in aw at the massive structure his jaw dropped, this place now made the golden Palace look megure. Larissa turned with a beaming smile on her face and asked, “Well… what do you think of our home warrior priest?”

He looked at her and sead in a awed tone “I have never seen the like of it before it is beyond what the most lavish plaices in the empire could dream of being.”

Cetta smiled and clapped him on the back “Wad do ya say to a grand tour of the city, maybe Larissa’s tower after humm?” she looked at Larissa and Artanis

Larissa frowned “It will have to wait till I can finish some business but other than that it sounds like a good idea to show our now friend around”

Cetta jumped with glee, grabbed Artanis’s hand, and began to pull him until he started to run, she laughed as they both ran towards the city. The guards at the gates seem to be happy that Cetta had come back and greeted her with warm smiles and joking scrutiny when she introduced him they fell silent looking at him as though he might draw his sward and kill them all. A large man came out his ears perked up when he saw Artanis he hurried over, gave him a quick look over, and judged him to not be of any trouble he smiled and stuck out his hand and sead “Welcome human to the city of Farnlef I’m Captain Saras of the Dragons Guard. I see you have already met my sister Cetta, some times she can be a bit energetic but don’t worry she has a cool head and is in need of …ooofff” he was cut off with a blow to the stomach from Cetta her face red with rage.

She put her nose in the air smoothed out her leather armor and fixed her hair the other guards burst out laughing ad there commander fell to the ground, slowly and shakily he got to his feet and smiled apologetically to Cetta. Artanis wondered what Saras has been about to say about Cetta but thought if he had needed to know the information Cetta would not have punched her brother. Artanis spoke up “Cetta here was going to take me around to see the city on Larissa’s orders”

They all stood wide eyed at him and Cetta she stuck out her tong at her brother and grabbed Artanis by the elbow and pulled him off towards one of the city’s numerous markets she looked at Artanis with a big smile and sead “that was my annoying brother he always says this I need some one to protect me or something, goes on and on about how I should get married and that the army is no place for women.” She harrumphed to prove how angry she was at such notions but she smiled after and was once again happy and cheery and stated “well enough about me how about you what about you I don’t know anything about you?”

“Well” Artanis began
She cut him off changed the subject seeing the pain in his face and behind his eyes “Well today is a day of festivities well tonight is anyway and you are going to be my dance partner”

He looked at her “I cant dance” Artanis simply stated

“Please I’m sure you will get the hang of it if you at least try” Cetta begged making her most sad face

Artanis sighed and agreed but could not understand why he had caved so easily but than thought he was tired and needed rest.

“Oh yes the tour come one ill take you to my favorite place its over this way hurry up slowpoke” she shouted over her shoulder as she started off in another direction. Artanis followed as best he could but she ran fast when he came around a corner he didn’t see her any more but looked in awe at the massive garden around him that was flanked by a massive wall of dark brown almost black stone. There where tall oak trees witch underneath were flowers arranged the grass was cut to resemble a checkered pattern and directly ahead of him was a statue of a man and woman of Cetta’s people that stood looking to the sky a sward held high in one hand and a crown of gold on his head he wore a lather jerkin and a doublet. At the base of the statue where scrawled letters inlayed with white gold formed a spidery scripture witch he thought he should be able to read but could not make sense of it. The statue of the woman was a head shorter but held the same pose only held a golden staff with a crystal ball on top to the heavens she wore a beautiful dress that flowed down but didn’t cover her feet at the base of this statue where written the same spidery characters only in yellow gold. Both statues where beautiful as he came around he thought the statues face had been worn away by the weather over decades that it had stood there. He looked around and found Cetta sitting on a rock staring at him with a strange look on her face he seemed troubled.

“What is wrong Cetta why do you look at me like that?” Artanis asked

She stated in a bland tone “Because the shield is down and death is coming to us” as she sead this she pointed off to the direction of a large cloud of smoke “that was Ankara a town of seven hundred it is ware my parents live” she began to cry Artanis walked over and held her as she cried.

“I’m sure they will have gotten out before they where attacked” he sead as he tried to console her

“You will help us wont you, you are the prophesied one aren’t you?” she sead as she cried into his arm.

“I will help you I know not if I am the one of the prophecies, i just always end up being at the wrong place at the wrong time, don’t worry ill do what I can and I only hope that that is enough to stay there hand.” Artanis sead in a calm voice

* * * *

Larissa looked at the human And Cetta through a crystal ball she sead a word and the ball went clear as she covered it with a velvet cloth of red. In the human she could feel a strong power stronger than that witch saved the pup yes she thought he was the one prophesied and so was the girl Cetta in her she also felt a great magical power one to match the humans only one of great power could have seen the flow of life in the pup and even than only a more powerful form of magical ability could have manipulated it. She walked over to her oak desk on it was the only tomb that had survived the fires during the Great War only because it was magical. She sat in an old chair and open the book to a marked place and read the passage “there will be one who is not of us and he shall bring not only the hope of the people but death to will follow his lead but this comes with a high cost, for if he is to prevail he must choose between life and death. The havens shall fall to a great darkness and the world will be chocked of life, all will be lost if balance is not restored.” This however was not the only prophecy that had been about him the whole volume had told of him, as well as how to get him, her much of the prophecies told of him being a killer without a conscience, but she saw that the killing that he had done weighed heavily on his soul at least that much she hoped. She was sad that he had lead a shattered and brutal child hood he had grown up to fast and seen to much blood for one so young. She thought that the army of humans from Shiro would soon be upon them and this city she had built with her power would burn like the town of Ankara but hope still existed the one of the prophecy was here and he sead he would help but it did seem a daunting task. She had replaced the tomb on the shelf when a loud thumping came upon her door she yelled, “You may enter”

The door burst open, the human Artanis and Cetta can in at a brisk walk Cetta sead “Artanis wants to help us in any way that he can and you are going to let him”

“But of course I am dear he is the one that was sead to come” Larissa sead in a calm tone

Artanis looked at her and in a calm unnerving tone stated, “an army must be lead by a general and must be supplied, if the general or the supplies are somehow cut off from the army it fall into disarray and can be easily managed by a small force.”

They both realized going to do and blurted out at the same time “No you will not do that”

He spread his hand and sead “you kill a snake by severing the head I’m guessing that you have no lager than one thousand fighting men. Most of who have never seen battle on the scale of armies of tens of thousands let alone hundreds it would be easiest if I went and killed this general.”

“Do not underestimate us our people will flood into the city and many will take up arms and they are fighting for there homes so that will be an advantage.” Larissa sead in an even tone “least you forget I am a Sorceress and very powerful”

“Alright I wont go but I am now the most experienced at war for I have been in command at war time and know what needs to be done.” Artanis sead while spreading his hands

“A ceremony will be held tomorrow there you can say to the people what you wish to say.” Larissa sead than added “Cetta show him to an inn please he looks as though he needs rest” she complied but tears could be seen on her face.
After Cetta had shown him to the inn in a daze, she bid him Farwell on the steps and walked off down a street ware she turned down another and was gone from his site. He turned back to the inn and walked through the large oaken doors that looked hundreds of years old, as he entered the common room and saw that many soldiers used this inn. Artanis walked to the and spoke to the tall skinny man that he could tell by his clean shaven face and well kept hair, took pride in his appearance and that of his bar “ I would like a room and bath”

The man leaned over “sure how big and how long ya gunna be staying mate”

“I don’t know how long I’m going to stay, and I would like a small room. About the bath?” Artanis sead

“Doncha worry about that bath lad all the rooms be equipped with me boys latest invention he be callin it a cold water heater and a bathtub, runs on coal it forces the water by way of pump to the tub in yer room he’s quite a bright lad, to bad he in the army he could really do sometin with that imagination of his” the man replied as he Handed Artanis a key e produced from under the desk “it be room five”

Artanis thanked him and tried to pay, he produced two sliver coins, the man laughed and sead “You be the one that be in the Prophecies you will repay me later when this mess all be over. By thee way what my be yer name”

“Artanis” Artanis replied “and yours”

“Me names Neceum Vars, at yer service lad” he replied with a slight bow

Artanis thanked him again the man laughed and told him that braking of fast is at sunrise every morning and supper was at sunset every night lunch was whenever he wonted it. Making his way up the steep steps to the second floor of the building he found his room quickly and found that his room war right in front of the steps. He unlocked the door, looking in he saw a simple nightstand and a bed that was well made and sturdy, walking in further he noticed a recessed wall behind the door where a copper basin large enough to hold a man sat hanging over the edge was a hand pump and a small sign hang on it and at the bottom of the tub was a stopper for the drain and the drain it self was located at the far end of the tub also in the recess a large blue woolen towel hung on a copper rod suspended from the wall on two wooden brackets . Closing the door behind taking off his Yukata and sandals he began to pimp in water taking heed of the sign that warned that the water was very hot and that it should be left to cool for a few minutes before entering. After filling the tub he realized that there was no drain out side how was he to clean himself before getting into the tub he pondered over this and thought, coming to a realization that these people must bathe and clean at the same time strange as it sounded that is what they must do for there was no drain outside of the bathtub, since there was no other drain he would have to do it in the way that they do so he climbed in feeling strange that he was bathing and washing at the same time. While he was bathing a nock came upon his door and a famine voice came through “excuse me I have com with a package of cloths from the sorceress, for you Artanis”

“Umm open the door and place them on the end of my bed please don’t look behind the door when you open it” he replied to the disembodied voice

The door opened he saw a small slim woman wearing a light blue dress her tail was curled and came out from underneath it, he could tell by the way she stood that se was very uneasy. She placed the bundle of cloths on the end of his bead and quickly left a closing the door behind her. When he was done he dried off and opened the package in it lay a loose night black shirt with a gold embroidered shield and hawk, the crest of the city, a pair of black pants that fit him lay underneath these where made from high quality cloth and looked to be made for royalty, looking at the note that he put aside it read

Dear Artanis:

This is the cloth’s you are to wear at the ceremony it will distinguish you as the one chosen by the prophecy. Cetta will be down in the morning to bring you to the hall of Derna ware you shall be anointed the ruler of the people, yes ruler you read right if you have any questions please come to me after the ceremony.

Signed
Larissa witch Queen
Soon to be Larissa once again

When morning came Cetta showed up at his door as promised she knocked twice, he opened the door to see her dressed in a sea green short sleeved dress that was low cut leaving no chance that she was not a full woman, she wore long black gloves her eyes he noticed were green and a small blue jewel hunk on her forehead, her hair was not in the pony tail that he had first seen her in but let down and brushed to a glossy shimmer when she moved, he sward hung on her left hip. She smiled, reached towards him with one of her gloved hand and closed his jaw and than sead “ well you don’t look so bad your self” and gave him a small bunch to the arm “come on enough with the staring at me your gunna ware my good looks out, or bore a hole in me ”

“Sorry…I’ve never seen someone look so beautiful and deadly at the same time” Artanis replied once he got passed the lump in his through

As they walked down the strangely vacant streets she swayed making her all the more provocative and she new he could not keep his eyes off her. As they walked Cetta explained their customs for morning that they would morn fore one night and that their was a day set aside every year to morn the dead and lost souls that this day was called Dukotan Sarasin or deaths day ware the whole day would be conducted in silence. When she asked if they had a day like Dukotan Sarsin he sead no, they would prey to there dead for guidance and solace for acts committed or to be committed. After taking various winding streets, obviously made to confuse attackers because if you didn’t know where you were going you would get lost very easily, they finally came to the meeting place of the people it was a door in the side of a wall with massive windows above it. Larissa was standing in front to greet them, she ushered them into the building through the large door and through the gathered people all parted in front of them. Once at the podium she exploded that he was to make a speech to the people after the proper ceremonies had been completed.

Larissa walked to the podium at the head of the crowed and silenced them by ringing a bell that amazingly all in the hall heard over there loud chatter of all the two thousand of the city’s occupants.

“You have all been gathered hear because the one that was prophesized has returned and has come at a time of grave need. As you all well know my power is weakening this was evident in the failing of the shields earlier this week. The army that had occupied you before has returned and I am unable to halt this wave so you all must put your faith in this man the one that will help us in our time of great need. An evil tyranny has come to power in the last several years the human’s that once saved you now come to conquer you please head his words wisely for I cannot help you this time.”

As she finished she bade Artanis to come forward, taking a jeweled sward from the scabbard that hung on the side of the podium, and tapped him on both shoulders than sead some words in a language that Artanis had never hear d before and held the sward by the blade offering it to him when he took it in one hand a light formed at the tip and moved down the blade soon lighting the sward and him in a bluish light all the people including the sorceress went to one knee and began to chant saying the same thing over and over Lord guide us to victory for we fight only for you, lord guide us to the land of grace ware we will no longer fear, he looked over the people and than to the sward he walked up to the podium and spoke

“Good people of the city of Farnlef I have come to help you in your fight against these aggressors that would have your people enslaved and there towns burned, If you do loose your people will more than likely be slaughters and whipped from the world. I ask you who among you will fight for the right of your life and the life of friends and family. The enemy will have you cower before them and die begging for your life? Well I say you should make them beg for there lives and go running to the cesspool that the came from. I ask you to rise up and take arms and through these foul men from your land fore there will not leave other wise, make there king see the fury of those who will not sit and be cuffed to a slavers wagon.” The people rose up and cheered, he thought that maybe now they had a chance to repel the humans for a while if they where lucky they would not bring siege weapons but than that was a slim hope but hope nun the less hand they would need a miracle to win this one but just by the fact that he was here such occurrences did happen.

As the people filed out to go to the armory Cetta jumped up, grabbed his arm, and kissed him on the cheek before she knew what she was doing. Her face turned read and she quickly turned to watch the crowed leave the building; Larissa had seen this and smiled to her self.

Those two seemed to be getting along well and they would need that in the future, Larissa thought her heart still ached for Cetta and her brother for their parents had died. Larissa felt partially responsible for their deaths, if she hadn’t taught the children how to fight than maybe Cetta’s parents would not have moved to another town, but if she hadn’t, they would not be prepared for the fight ahead. To much to do so short a time they had to get the defenses up before the enemy could get there and there was also the sores and weapons, it was only a matter of time and than the black tendrils of war would envelope them, the peaceful life they had all known would evaporate into a bloody slaughter and acid smoke of burning cities. Larissa hoped that Artanis could make all the perpetrations in time but than he had had less time in the world he had been from and still won the day.

Looking at a still flushed Cetta he asked “Can you get the top commanders to meet me in one hour in front if Larissa’s tower”

She jutted pushing her breasts out making them look bigger making his face turn red and sead ”yes sir” than she turned on her heal and began to walk away when he grabbed her arm spun he around and kissed her full on the lips, she blushed a darker red and returned the kiss. When it broke off she looked deep in his eyes and laughed saying “my now aren’t we two love bird at our best” than she giggled and hiked up her dress and ran off at a very brisk pace
Larissa put a hand on his shoulder and sead “well done your are quite perceptive for one so young, had you let her go without a kiss she would have hated you for embarrassing her, I suggest you don’t let her go or you may never see her again” with that sead she turned and left

Artanis now standing there alone in the hall laughed sheathing the sward, than hanging the sheathe over his back he decided to take it over to a black smith to see if it would hold an edge.

Artanis stood looking over the edge of the sixth level ramparts as he had been fore several hours behind him stood Cetta flanked by two others the one on her right was tall and heavily built the other was a head shorter than Cetta and was barrel chested with massive arms and legs, all three wore the black and red uniforms to the Dragons guard elite. Artanis thought of ware to start first and decided that he had to get every ones jobs assigned and have people to train them he needed healers many of them and others to help stitch wounds. He now remembered why he hated siege’s all the waiting it mad him feel useless where as in the field he could order men to charge and flank. He walked from the ramparts and began to order the three under commanders Cetta being a shock to him but than he needed someone to smooth over his orders.

“Alright who among you knows some one who makes war machinery?” Artanis asked generally

“I do sir…” the man to the right of Cetta sead “Its kind of a hobby of mine I make mostly miniatures, the physics still hold the same just have to scale up is all” he could see the mans eyes light up with intrigue as he thought of how to scale up and all the possibilities

“Alright what is your name soldier?”

“Gahal sir”

“Right Commander Gahal take fifty men and be constructing as many Trebuchet, Onagers, and I wont ballistae out fitted for shot you got that” Artanis ordered the man “all right Cetta I wont you to organize stretcher bearers and there armed escort” she saluted and they both went off to there assigned duties “and as for you first I need to know your name?”

“Xule Sir” the man replied

“Alright Xule and Cetta I wont you to set up some advanced hospitals and I also wont you to get one of your men to the armory to hand out weapons as well as send a man to every black smith in this town I wont them making arrows swards daggers any thing and if they run out of oar tell them to melt pots don and whatever else they can find.”

“Yes sir, um sir we have entire warehouses of Sterls that we use to make weapons and such” Xule sead

“Excellent, Cetta tell all the smith to empty those warehouses, than I wont you to fill them with bunk beds and such” Artanis orderd cetta

“Sir” Cetta and Xule saluted and left

Artanis began to walk away when a chill ran up his spine he had the suspicion some one was watching him but from where he didn’t know this time, shrugging it off he went to Larissa’s white tower he needed to speak to her about the size of the army and where they planned to strike next, than he would go see the blacksmith and see if he could sharpen his new sward.

* * * *

A man dressed in a black robe smile as he sat in a dark tent cross-legged the stone in front of him showed the forest peoples new general a young boy, he slowly got up, grasping his gnarled old staff thinking how he would destroy this boy who fancied himself a general. Soon he thought soon he would be rid of this foolish human general who sought to control him use him to defeat all his enemies that fool thought a mortal could control him with a simple spell that has him trapped body of an old man. He did a small dance and abruptly through out his back, he hobbled over to his cot his back stuck perfectly strait, a small book lying on his pillow, opening it he scribed down on an empty page near the back

Day one hundred and forty

Through out my back apparently this is what humans call pain, strange feeling I would have to say they have a fairly large capacity for pain both mental and physical. I spied on the boy again he is planning something big, to great us, I will not tell the general this tidbit of information, I hope the boy survives the trial by fire in this world as he did from the other.
P.S DO NOT!! Do victory dance very pain full.

The old man closed his journal book than screamed for one of the general’s doctors to put his spine back in place no he though I am defiantly not going to do that again maybe I should take up evil laughter or a safer form of a victory dance, maybe an evil smile naw how about a evil smile with a laugh, yesss that’s is an evil smile with a laugh, maybe add a small jig or a shake of the head, yes a shake of the head would be much better than a jig more melodramatic. I’m so brilliant some times that is scars me, wait, my enemies it scars my enemies. Exssssellent. I should really get a new journal book and a new pen from that Marci person she’s brilliant to come up with a pen that holds ink inside until you use it what a marvelous women she was. He opened his book again a scribed down underneath the P.S quickly.

I seen to get another strange feeling whenever I think or see an old human by the name of Marci, it feels like a worm flash on the face and like something is moving in my stomach, and I seem to stutter allot. If I encounter more of these symptoms I shall inform the doctor, I may be the onset of something much more dire maybe she has also put a spell on me I shall have to investigate further.

Closing his book once again as the doctor came in he smiled and thought that the same symptoms had over come him again while writing about her only it felt very small as to the pain of his back.
© Copyright 2006 Paradox (UN: paradoxeq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Paradox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/409272-Chapter-1