*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431399-Blogging-as-Therapy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#431399 added June 6, 2006 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Blogging as Therapy
Writing.com I found out a few days ago, provides a away to export our entire portfolio. Pretty cool, I thought. I could export my entire blog without having to go into each entry and export.

Once done, however, I still had to weed through the massive text file and remove all my other items, poems, book chapters etc. I also had to do some cut and pasting to get the entries in order.

I would have done so, because I still thought it would be quicker than cut and pasting each entry individually. But there was something missing in this text file.

Your comments.

One thing that drives me to write in my blog every day is your comments. It in part has to do with loving to receive comments. I love to know I’ve been read, and to know what you think. The larger part, however, is your comments enrich my entries, whether it be confirming my thoughts, uplifting me when I’m down, teaching me something new, or making me laugh when I so desperately need it.

So even though I will spend a lot of time cutting and pasting my entries into a file now 209 times -- make that 210 times -- having a record of your comments will be time well-spent.

PastVoices wrote in her blog "Invalid Item in entry "Invalid Entry about how her doctor is encouraging her to keep blogging because of the support she receives here.

Though I don’t face near the challenges she does, even knowing my piddly problems aren’t unique, and others go through the same uplifts me. I’m never alone. Even if I will never meet you face to face, in the end it doesn’t matter. That you’re here, listening and just ready to give me a boost is enough.

Sometimes I wish “Thank you” were bigger, more eloquent words, because they seem so small compared to the gratitude I have for each and every one of you.

Now before my heart seeps out of my eyes with grateful tears, I will close now and wish you all a wonderful day!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431399-Blogging-as-Therapy