*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433594-Gods-music
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#433594 added June 15, 2006 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
God's music
A few years ago after I found myself singing to a raunchy song on the radio, so raunchy I wanted to wash my mouth out with soap, I decided no more. Only Christian music from now on.

The surprising thing was how my general attitude improved by doing so. My mornings driving to work uplift my spirit and prepare me for a busy day at work.

The music relaxes me on the way home, putting everything in the proper perspective. Work should stay there, it's now time to enjoy the night with my hubby and puppy.

But can I call it God's music? Sure it's about worship, praise, and growing in faith, but am I missing something? Am I listening to a part of God's creation, or man's? It is both, but what, if any, music did God Himself create that I'm not hearing?

I heard it last night in the singing of the crickets, the wind making the leaves of the trees dance and whisper. I heard it this morning with the finches singing up the Sun, and the mournful cry of the dove.

I remember God's music in the cries and yips of coyotes echoing through the valleys of the hills in the North Dakota Badlands and the Colorado mountains.

What other God-made songs, in my busy day surrounded by the music blaring out of my radio, am I missing?

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433594-Gods-music