*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472617-Went-to-the-horse-parade
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#472617 added December 3, 2006 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Went to the horse parade
L'aura del campo

AUTUMN?: 10 Qawl (2 December) 35º.

'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

I think I'm going to continue with a simpler format. It is easier and quicker. I just might write this as I do my journal which is a hodge-podge of thoughts.

Had lunch with Chico: turkey, stuffing, gravy, a few pieces of corn. Nothing much. Good to see my friend though.

I went to the "horse" parade this morning. Each year the traditional holiday parade has horses only, no cars, no fire engines, just horses, mules, donkeys, haflingers, ponies. The only mechanized part is the cop car and street sweeper at the end. Street sweeper, you ask? Horses, I answer *Bigsmile*. Not as big or as exurberant as last two years, but I didn't want to miss it.

Speaking about animals:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061201/ap_on_fe_st/obit_library_cat

Sweet story about an animal rescue isn't it? I would love to have been a library cat *Delight*. You?

And who was dear Leonardo anyway? Can't have a bit of privacy no matter how long you're dead I guess:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061201/ap_on_sc/leonardo_s_fingerprint

If you were to read all my poetry, read all 1,157+ pages of my journal, interview my family and friends, you still wouldn't know me. Meet me for 5 minutes and you might have a clue, but it would only be a clue.

I have 13 poems that have a rating of 4.5+ (with more than 10 views) and must decide which to include as part of my portfolio for Chatham College. No stress. Just need to do it by yesterday! *Laugh* Two items with less than a 4.5 have been published. "Constellation of the ox has just shown up in Kansas English and three cinquains from "Glice appeared in Ontario Amateur Hockey Magazine in summer. Ought to include those ... beyond that it becomes difficult. Chatham emphasizes nature and travel and I do have poems that fall into those two categories.

I'd send the same out to Goddard, Naropa, or even Brown or Montana. It's just who I am.

And what is my highest rated poem? Zmitri continues to be on top. For what reason I still do not know. "Zmitri

A slice of poultry:

This is not the beauty of snow

This is not the beauty of snow,
the fury of white that swirls in flakes,
the blanket of diamonds that sparkle.

It is the slick of ice that tricks the feet
gives flight to flesh that harshly rests
where bones break, legs and ankles.

Come the scurry of wind blown sleet
is heard the worry of muffled feet the
moans that turn to joy at sight of snow:

the beauty of snow,
its fluffy cold,
its flurry of flakes,
white blankets studded with diamonds. [163.452]

*Reading* Finished reading Haruki Murakami's collection of short-stories written after the 1995 Kobe quake. Interesting work.

Sent emails to Kevin and Gare recently. Sent one to Diana today. Will send one to Carol regarding the horse parade. I need to make calls and send emails. I know hundreds of people (spread out everywhere), but very few are close friends and except for here at WDC, most don't have clue on how to communicate. C'est la guerre; c'est la vie; c'est l'amour.

Got a new black suede jacket yesterday (used, but suede lasts awhile) and a full length coat I can wear when I want to look professional. And a cranberry colored scarf that was hanging like a breechcloth below my suede jacket today (well ... that's what Chico said) *Laugh*.

Gotta laugh at what other people say!
11,323 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kare *Leaf1* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472617-Went-to-the-horse-parade