*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476357-Will-I-get-to-meet-Susan
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#476357 added December 21, 2006 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Will I get to meet Susan?
L'aura del campo

LATE LATE AUTUMN: 9 Masa'il (20 December) 50º and dark.

'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

Argh ... misplaced my cell phone which means checking everywhere twice, three times, including Janice's car and the computer room at Pélathé as soon as it opens up. I remember getting Krista's call, so I only need to go forward from that point. Not too awful, but still.

Note 12/21: Found cell-phone this morning half-hidden by the computer keyboard at Pélathé! What can I say? Head's still attached ... ?

And I just sneezed. Is that a good sign? At least I don't feel like shit! (thankfully the hemorrhoids have calmed a bit) So ... I'm playing with my new toy and enjoying it immensely. But ... sshh ... I don't want everyone here in this town to know ...

Anywho, I watched the movie "Christ stopped at Eboli" which takes place in Italy during the campaign to control Ethiopia. Quite interesting look at the struggles of rural Italy. Landscape is bleak and the people are too.

Watched "Il Postino" the other day. A very uplifting movie about the influence of poetry ... specifically, one poet, Neruda. The music is haunting and the story well written. Every poet should see it.

Insomniac

You read
and I can't sleep;
harsh lamplight blinds my eyes.
At dawn you leave me with all day
to rest. [163.499a]

Night owl

Outside the quiet of the night;
inside your lamp's still blazing.
Outside the stirring of the day;
inside your eyes are glazing. [163.499b]

Vertigo at Poas

I am looking, falling, over the edge:
moonscape, landscape of the dead,
yellow, grey and sulfurous.
I'd rather gaze at the old lagoon,
that ancient vent that once like you
was hot and bothered, but now wears
blue like sapphires. Yet here I am
in the land of the dying:
yellow, grey and sulfurous,
forever backing away from the edge
that won't release me till I'm dead
and turned to cold grey ashes. [163.496]

Poas is an active volcano that looms to the north of Alajuela in Costa Rica.

susanL may get to visit me! Yay. Last time there was a bit of a problem, so I'm hoping that this time we can meet at a local coffeehouse, depending on her time of arrival.

I have no place to offer her to stay (once I used to be able to play host all the time. I really loved to do that!) because it would break her long trip in two. It's a long way from the Quad Cities to the panhandle of Oklahoma.

No images today ... just rain and grey skies. Very mild, though, so no complaints. I picked up a double-chocolate cake today, so I'm ready for the blues! Sun may peek out on and off over this weekend. No snow or cold in the forecast ... yet.

Has a female ivory-billed woodpecker been sighted? I was able to pick up a copy of the magazine Auk from the 1930s for 25 cents. One article was about how the woodpecker wasn't migratory and that the bird was still being collected as specimens. Way to go! If aliens would come here and hunt humans like we hunted the bison and passenger pigeon, we'd be extinct too!

The article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_on_sc/woodpecker_sighting

If you have a moment, please read my poetry in yesterday's blog. They could use a few comments ... *Delight*
12,457 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kare *Leaf4* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476357-Will-I-get-to-meet-Susan