*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490738-32-lazy-floating-snow
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#490738 added February 26, 2007 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
32, lazy floating snow
Today I was finally able to reveal myself to my secret pal! We've already talked on the phone and I am so excited about this new friendship! Already looking forward to March's secret pals :) And the person who has me has made up for early on nonattention and out doing her/himself!

I've also been having fun getting to know some of the folks who have been responding to this blog. Still a strange idea to me to write a public blog...but I guess my thoughts are not too boring to people! lol

I've got a tonof stuff to do today, an here I am poking around at WDC. So what else is new! *grin* I have to finish the reviews for Soccor's contest today...and finish the new poem I'm working on and then there's the real world stuff...one real world thing I did today is send out my resume and cover letter for a job right here in town (rare to find something in town...I live is a teensy, tiny town) that I am really hoping comes through!

Speaking of teensy tiny towns... where I live we have a town park...we have movies in the park there in the summer...and everyone goes and watches movies we've all seen before or have on dvd just because it is a fun thing to do.

Now in the winter...we have movies at the pool at the high school. Everyone floats around on mats, passing the popcorn around while we watch the movie! It is nice because there are kid movie times, and adult movie times (with no kids spashing etc.) It is a lot of fun..and sometimes, hilarious...Imagine watching Waterworld or The Posidon Adventure while swimming..too too funny!

Everyone seems to know everything about everyone even if you don't know their names! I went to the hospital by ambulance a few months back because I'd hurt my back and couldn't sit in the truck...two months later when I was finally up and about, everyone (whether I knew them or not) was asking how I was...small towns...I love them!

There're three chickadees and a cardinal sitting either on the feeder out side the window or on the bush below it. They are such fun to watch. We have two pairs of cardinals and they wait for the chickadees to nock the seeds off the hanging seed bell and then fight over them. They are beautiful..the bright reds against the white snow and the two HUGE spruces in the front yard. The two trees are 75 feet tall..almost tall enough for one of the trees in Times Square...but the yard would be so empty with out them...we've talked about it tho...

My lazy snowflakes have gotten energetic...it is snowing like crazy all of a sudden..the birds took off and it is snowing so hard I can just barely see them sitting way inside the tree and out of the snow.

On that note, i shall go force myself to do the things on my to do list....




© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490738-32-lazy-floating-snow