*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492490-Here-we-go-again---
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#492490 added March 4, 2007 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Here we go again . . .
I know what you're thinking: Stop already! You're wasting your blog entries (and wasting my time coming back here twice a day).

Sorry. I can't help I suddenly have lots to say. Plus, I am in need of a huge favor.

I just came back from my Disciple class. Parts of chapter 32 in Exodus I've read at least three times now, and it still gives me chills. I added it to my book, "Invalid Item in "Invalid Entry. To save you mouse clicks and time, here it is:

“Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend . . . Moses said to the Lord . . . ‘If it is true that you look favorably upon me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor . . .’

“The Lord replied to Moses, ‘I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably upon you, and I know you by name.’

“Moses responded, ‘Then show me your glorious presence.’

“The Lord replied, ‘I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I chose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live.’ The Lord continued, ‘Look stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen.’” ~ Exodus 33:11, 13 & 18-23

If one looks carefully, passages showing God’s gentleness can be found all throughout the Bible. I’m fond of this one, and for many reasons.

Verse 11 struck me. How often we see God as so far above us, he appears intimidating, unapproachable, the Judge of all who should make every cell in our body quake in terror. And yet, he spoke to Moses as to a friend.

He also accepted Moses’ request to see his glory. How we all long to see God’s face! And yet, none of us can, at least not in this life. Even so, I think I would react similar to Moses when he saw God’s back: I would immediately throw myself on the ground and worship (Exodus 34:8). Heck, to have God cover me with his hand alone would turn me into a quivering puddle of goo.

God showed his gentleness with Moses in these passages. He could have easily said no, or show himself more abruptly. But no, he walked by, hiding Moses in the crevice of the rock, and covering Moses with his hand as he strode by.

Best of all, he told Moses his name, so Moses may know God as God knew Moses.

To have an intimate relationship with God similar to what Moses had, now that’s something to strive for. If I have any dream, any passion, it's that.


At the end of our meeting, I requested a prayer that I would quit procrastinating and rewrite my book as well as begin my other ideas.

To start, I created a poll I could really use your imput on:

[Linked Poll's access is restricted.]

Thanks.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492490-Here-we-go-again---