*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498849-The-Cats-Miss-Mom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#498849 added April 1, 2007 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
The Cats Miss Mom
My mother has been in the hospital since March 12, on March 19 (her birthday) she had a bawl resection. She is still in SICU, sometimes she seems to get better and other times she seems to the same. While she’s been gone, the cats have walked through the house yowling. It’s not unusual for Prince or Spot to find themselves alone in a room and start yowling, but this time it’s all of them. They don’t all yowl at the same time, they take turns.

Troubles usually gets on my shoulder when I’m working at the computer, but now she gets on my shoulder and than lays on my breast rubbing my face with her head. This is a new trick for her. The rest are doing similar things, some new tricks and increasing their old attention getting actions. I’m going to have to make sure I pet everyone of them before I go see Mom today.

I’m going to wait until a little later to go to the hospital than I did yesterday and just pray I can find a parking place quickly. I haven’t been eating before I go visit Mom of a morning and that is taking a toll on me. So today I’m going to heat some fish up in the microwave and eat that. (It’s really difficult to type when a cat is laying on your breast sticking her claws in your arm and purring.)

I know that I have a lot to do around the house, but I’m not going to worry about what I have to do. I’m just going to the hospital and enjoy Mom’s company. At this moment, I am waiting for a load of cloths to dry. I’m going to have to stop at the store on the way back from the hospital, because I need to get laundry detergent and maybe some soda or something else to eat. I have fish patties in the freezer and polish sausages in the main fridge. I’m not sure that those alone make a good meal, but I don’t know what else I want. I do have hamburger buns in the freezer, so if I want a hamburger I have to get some patties or something. However, I’m not sure whether I want a hamburger or not.

Actually, what I’d like to have is a piece of prime rib with a backed potato, green beans or spinach and a dinner salad, but that’s out for a while. I don’t do prime rib at home. It’s much nicer to go out for it. The birthday present I got for Mom is still here. I got her a gift card to the Red Lobster. The only thing we did to celebrate her birthday was to go to Marie Calendar’s on March 1 and have a piece of pie. Mom’s a member of the Marie calendar’s birthday club and she got a coupon for piece of free pie and so much off her the meal.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498849-The-Cats-Miss-Mom