*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500334-EasterTake-it-personally
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#500334 added April 9, 2007 at 6:44am
Restrictions: None
Easter,Take it personally!!
Today is Easter Sunday. Come with me as we go to the tomb of Jesus with the women to properly annoint Jesus body.

As we walk toward the place of burial I smell the spices Mary is carrying in an alabaster jar. They mingle with the scent of spring flowers wafting in the air. We begin discussing how to roll the stone away from the entrance. Maybe the soldiers standing guard will be kind enough to help us.

We walk facing the rising sun. The brilliant oranges and reds almost blind us as we come to the path leading to the tomb. We can see that the soldiers have deserted thier post. To our surprise the stone has been moved to the side. When we look in, our eyes take a moment to adjust to the darkness within. Mary gives out an anguished cry. Jesus body is not there. After we all look to make certain He is no longer there, we head back up the path which twists and turns.

Once again we are facing the sunrise. I lead the way up the path. A man appears, silhouetted against the orange light. Thinking it must be the keeper of the place, I ask where Jesus body has been taken.

HE SPEAKS MY NAME! "Nancy" I know that voice! It is the voice of my Lord and my God! Jesus knows me by name!

I fall at His feet in love and surrender. He takes my hand and helps me rise.
He bends a little so I can look Him in the eye. He says, "I love you. This I have done for you!"

PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500334-EasterTake-it-personally