*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508383-Spiders-and-Stings-Roses-and-Thorns
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#508383 added May 14, 2007 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Spiders and Stings, Roses and Thorns
I asked hubby not to get cut flowers for me, because when they die off in a week or so, I feel abandoned. *Laugh* Poor me!

So on mothers day, yesterday, he brought two roses bushes instead. I was so happy that I felt I had to put them in the garden right away.

Surely, the thorns got me. One may say I deserve it since I don't like garden gloves too much. They have a way of getting in between the soil and me and also the flowers and me.With things I love, I don't want middlemen in between. *Laugh*

So while I was trying to get the thorns off the top of my hand, a spider bit me on the arm. I don't know what is with those spiders and me. There may be a thousand people and one spider. The spider will leave 999 people alone, but it'll bite me.

They say spiders are ancient animals that go back millions of years and they are useful since they control the insect population. Maybe it took me for an insect or maybe it thought I was as ancient as it, so it didn't want my rivalry. Weird thing is, I didn't feel the sting at first, although I saw the thing scurrying away.

Next thing I know, my arm became Popeye's arm without eating the spinach. Luckily, we always have a cortizone cream and Benadryl at hand.

Then a friend dropped by with his little daughter in tears. It seems that an alligator ate her pet ducks. Alligators are getting braver around here since we are having a drought and they are looking for other ground, and also, maybe the smoky air from all the fires is making them crazy.

Anyway, while looking at the balloon that says "world's greatest mom" floating from the back of my chair, I am glad that my children, too, came to visit with gifts and their precious smiles.

I am also glad that at least spiders like me and not alligators.

There's always a worse thing that can happen to you. *Laugh*

Although it has been an itchy Mothers' Day, I loved it all. It was just like life in general. *Heart*

© Copyright 2007 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/508383-Spiders-and-Stings-Roses-and-Thorns