*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515635-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#515635 added June 18, 2007 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Hija de Coyoacn (poema en ingles)
I'm 55. Yep. Got 5 more credits for being here at WDC for two years. Neat.

Hija de Coyoacán

         por Carmen Frida Kahlo y Calderón (1907, julio 6 - 1954, julio 13)

What autumn eve saw you conceived
in a town where once coyote roamed?
What dust filled day received your mother's
water breaking; broken you would be again, again;
you were born to stay until another July day
that saw your battered flesh return to dust.
Did dust not hide your soul, besmirch your mirror?
At last, cleansed of dross you attained your flight;
let go of pain. We grasp our loss.

Kåre Enga [164.110] 11 de junio, 2007.

IMAGES:

My house: white peeling paint and a tattered roof; holes in the wainscot above the side porch, its railing missing, the cat food untouched by the black and white who sometimes visits; 3 doors face south, their windows clean and blank, looking in, more emptiness; the basement's damp but drying, the attic finished, running 11 meters north to south: plank, carpet, dust; downstairs: two bedrooms, one bath with cold water (the gas not on yet); a dining room and living room joined by an arch; a tiny kitchen, two steps from here to there; 15 windows that look out on the trees: elms and maples, sycamore and ash, fireflies at dusk and the noisy neighbors in the early morning: birds, birds, birds.

THOUGHTS:

Sadly, to not be treated like the shit on the bottom of somebody's shoe one needs to kick ass. That way the shits on them too.

I will need to get used to having a place called home. I would like to get used to being thought of as a published poet ... but first to publish. I spoke to Brian Daldorph on how it felt when his first book of poetry (on the Holocaust) was published (more than elated as it was a difficult time in his life). Today he is a professor and editor and just published Coal City Review #23 Bird's Horn & other poems by Kevin Rabas, a professor at Emporia who is playing the drums as part of of the duo Petroglyphs at Aimee's this evening.

I got a signed copy. I know some neat people.
21140

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515635-