*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522385-Awaiting-the-7th-horcrux
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#522385 added July 19, 2007 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Awaiting the 7th horcrux
Like many I am waiting for the finale of Harry the Potter. I'll pick my copy up tomorrow night at midnight. Probably have it read by Sunday ...

I really don't care who lives or dies. I preferred the first book that took us into a world of magic. It became a darker struggle of good versus evil (with the lines realistically blurred thankfully). I enjoyed the adventure but wanted more magic. I'll be glad that it ends.

Long time ago (I can't find it here ... I looked.) I mentioned how I felt the 7th horcrux should be Harry himself, a part of Tom Riddle (Lord Valdemort) that became imbedded in him when he couldn't be killed. Cannot imagine how it would be like to have to kill a part of oneself to free others from 'evil'.

And yet I can. We all have parts of ourselves we examine once in a while and find lacking. Sometimes we accept the flaws; other times we seek to purge ourselves of what we cannot accept. Sometimes we fail miserably.

There's a zen concept somewhere in here ... that we are attached to our enemies until we forgive them and ourselves.

In Archaic Runes

Mudblood and proud, she tried harder to prove herself. Her intellect scintillated off the blankness of those born not quite so bright. Her dedication to friends annoyed them. Her work ethic intimidated the privileged for whom life's gifts magically appeared on platters. No matter, she learned chants and spells. In archaic runes she scrawled her name: Courage.

© Kåre Enga [163.x] 06-11-11

This was a 55 word challenge written on 11-11-2006. It has 57 words, oh well.

QUESTIONS:

1. How will you feel after you have read the last page? Relief? Sadness? Joy?
2. Where would you belong? Griffindor, Slitherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff?
3. Would you have handled the series differently? How so?
22,168

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522385-Awaiting-the-7th-horcrux