*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523459-What-I-Believe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#523459 added July 24, 2007 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
What I Believe
I originally posted this on my myspace blog but knew immediately, I would offend some people. Ironically, the people I knew I would offend were the ones I wanted to read it the most. I actually think this is what part of my problem is right now....

I should go meditate.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~* ~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I'm a vegetarian, stop asking me why. Stop acting like it's crazy. Stop telling me you couldn't do it. I once told myself that. It's not for religious beliefs, it's for myself. I'm not trying to get you to do it too. I don't think eating meat is wrong, so please stop acting offended because I don't.

I don't try to make you feel like you are wrong for what you believe. But if you tell me you think what I do is wrong somehow, I will tell you what I think you are doing is wrong. I will tell you my beliefs and you will not like it. Let's just co-exist and get along.

If you are praying for me, thanks. But I'm fine. I don't pray for myself. I don't care what happens to myself, I care what happens to you and everyone else I love. Please, pray for someone who really needs it.

I don't go around trying to find evil in everything. I'm the complete opposite. I try to find good in everything. Why are we making a big deal out of things that should be harmless, and fun? Things meant to make us happy? Face it folks, if you tried to stay away from everything you thought was evil....you'd be a buddhist monk living on a mountain with a bald head, a bowl and three sets of robes. Because that's how they believe to rid yourself of all the evil you all try to avoid. Don't put down or turn your nose up at other religions. They are more like your own than you know.

Be open minded. Don't take a side that you were taught to take. If you believe in something, believe in it for yourself. If it makes you a better person then that is the true point of faith. The more you know and respect of other peoples beliefs, the wiser you are. Keep that in mind.

I'm honestly tired of what everyone has been saying to me. I want nothing more than to keep what I believe to myself but that never stops other people from expressing theirs to me (not just people I know but society in general, please keep that in mind) I will not preach. I don't believe it to be right and I will not join a church if I am taught to look down on anything....anything. Everyone has their evil. Everyone. If you do anything, do it for yourself.

Much love.


*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2007 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523459-What-I-Believe