*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527119-Heading-out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#527119 added August 10, 2007 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Heading out.
I am about to head out for a few days. I have been out for the last couple of weeks. It is not like I am doing nothing- I have been very busy... just not writing. Is it summer? Is it me? I can be so easily distracted. Life seems to have so many fun things going on this summer and looking at a blank page just isn't one of them. Oh I have tried.

I have a writing group that is beginning to meet at the house- I think we are going to call it Read & Eat or something equally creative. It is a group of about 4 or 5 of us aspiring writers with various levels of stories and skills. But, even for them, I can't seem to work up a time to get words on pages... and they are coming over in just a couple of weeks. Nothing. Oh I got one started- some story about a guitar and self storage (it is where I work)- but it seems to have stymied out in the haze of hot weather, work, and taking a walk with my Buddhist friends to Oak Ridge. I don't think that I could make my life a long walk chanting sacred words of blessing and peace in 90 degree summer heat- but sometimes it is easier than writing.

My job is feeling crazy all of a sudden. I first get the go ahead to work lots of hours, someone is out and we have to make budget on payroll. Ok, no OT (over time)- but I can come in early and work up to a full 40 hours. It doesn't work. We are still way under budget and get fussed at because we are not ranked No. 1 in the category. The very next pay period- the opposite happens. The someone comes back to work. Hours are scarcer than hens teeth and I get my time card shaved because I came in too early on a couple of days with no chance to correct the error by taking time off. I complain, take the time off, and supposedly it gets corrected... but I don't see it. I point out that what just happened was "illegal" and get yelled at for "not following the schedule". Basically, for doing what had been fine just the week before. It is called crazy-making and Corporate America is full of it. Just ask anyone who has had to deal with Customer No Service.

Anyway- I am out of here for now, back in a couple of weeks... the other blessed event of summer- vacations. Work and hobbies take a break, I am travelling.

© Copyright 2007 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527119-Heading-out