*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548943-This-Is-It
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sports · #1343724
This is me rambling on and on about...whatever I feel like. Nice, eh?
#548943 added November 13, 2007 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
This Is It
Today is...the day of the first hockey game of the season!

(I really hope no one is sick of me talking about hockey all the time... and yet, it's my blog so you'll just have to get over it. Even if you dislike hockey, though I find that highly unlikely because well, who does? I'm sure you will find something. Okay. Moving on.)

So this could be considered either one of the best or one of the worst days of the entire season. Best, because it signifies the beginning of a new team, a new year, a fresh start. The record is 0-0-0 and we have a chance to make the most of it and succeed. And the day before (Monday) we didn't have to do any vigorous skating so we didn't get tired out. ;>) Whoever came up with that idea was a genius. Worst, because no one knows what to expect (except for maybe a vague idea...) so we'll all be nervous/panicky at the idea of losing. Well, I guess that's the case with every game.

Anyway. It was a pretty great day. We're playing at home, so we got to wear our nice (and yet totally uncomfortable) dress up clothes. It feels nice to have something worth dressing up for, but its still weird. People are either, "Ohh, you look so pretty!" or "Um, why are you dressed up for school?" and sometimes they have to do a double take because no one expects the hockey jock girls to wear something that isn't a hoodie.

Also, we took our pictures today. The ones that get hung up in the hall at the arena, as well as for the program, yearbook, etc. Seriously, I felt like I was in the NHL. We did all these cool poses, that made us look really important. And all the equiptment was all professional...it reminded me in the article I read in USAHockey the other day about the St. Louis Blues getting their photos snapped. It was totally sweet.

And yet, the main event. The game. We are going to wear our sweet uniforms, in the best colors in the world (wow, don't you all miss being high school students? 8>)). Then the starting lineups are announced. The National Anthem will get sung, and we'll all sit there in anticipation, inhale/exhaling and shuffling our feel occasionally, thinking about who knows what. It will be totally meaningful, somehow. It's just all part of the feeling. 8>)

Ah then we will play. And hopefully we won't make fools of ourselves and we will uphold the respectful and honorable tradition that has been associated with our school since...forever.

See how that's something worth being nervous about? It's the most amazing expericence ever and some people totally take it for granted or refuse to give their all. It's ridiculous.

In other news, I have a/an (insert word of your choce)-load of homework to do, and I suppose I should crack open a book just to say that I've done so... Ciao~

© Copyright 2007 S. Koivu (UN: speedemon9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
S. Koivu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/548943-This-Is-It