*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554870-Cold-Short-and-Sweet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
#554870 added December 12, 2007 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
Cold, Short and Sweet
It’s cold!
I know those of you back east are rolling their eyes right about now and saying, “poor desert boy.”  The sun finally showed its warm face today, chasing after the clouds and rain that have been tormenting our tranquil valley. The outskirts of the valley revealed a scenic blanket of snow on the higher elevation mountains. Four Peaks Mountain, known for the four peaks that reach skyward, is capped with a fresh coating of snow and made for a beautiful back drop to our normally earth-toned surroundings.
The sun struggled throughout the day to warm the air and could only muster 58 degrees. A friend of mine told me that would be a heat wave for them which caused me to ask myself how I ever lived in Chicago for all those years. Snow is best viewed from the summits of a mountain and not for driving through, unless of course your name is Santa. But, he flies, so I rest my case.

© Copyright 2007 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554870-Cold-Short-and-Sweet