*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562745-22-January-2007-507-Words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1359345
This is the book item required by the 500 Words a Day group.
#562745 added January 23, 2008 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
22 January, 2007, 507 Words
A whole month seems to have flown by.  I can't even remember clearly what happened.  I have been changing gears constantly trying to figure out what it is that I would like to write a novel about.  Heroes, villians, the bystandards.  They are all fitting protragonists.  What is left, is perhaps the discernation of what it is that the reader requires of me.  Stephen King spent years convincing his publishers that he was more than a horror writer.  I do not desire becomming a genre writer.  That is, of course, if I become the sort of genre writer that earns the moniker of great.  This is, though, just a fantasy of mine.

My last idea was to write a novel about the perfect man.  Not in the feminine sense, with all their jabbering about what it is, but in the sense of a man that would become a perfect president of the United States.  A great leader.  Ayn Rand covered this to some extend.  I believe, though, that she did not give enough ego to her protagonists.  As of late, I am concidering the notion of giving her protagonist more reach, greater power, and a better world to live in.  One that would successfully elect such a man.

Off on a tangent, I know, but I just thought that it was appropriate to butt in and admire my text editor.  I love seeing a bunch of words running over the screen and nothing else.  Those that choose to write in the abomination, Microsoft Word, are fools and should hang themselves in their sleep.  Then, they would at least accomplish something before the Rapture. 

So, it's time for yet another tangent.  Today I chose to rent some movies.  For those that consider themselves normal, this is a trivial task.  Not so for me.  I refuse to even have Cable TV, none the less Movies on DVD.  Regardless, I rented a good selection--at least for those that are strange and twisted.  I rented 'Coffee and Cigarettes' and 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.  Both are personal favorites of mine, now that I have seen them.

This doesn't matter much to you, I know, but I'll state it anyway.  On Saturday, I will be taking the Scolastic Aptitude Test, or the SAT.  Age is a factor when it comes to taking the test, I am a young twenty four years of age.  I have taken the test already, but it was more that eight years ago.  The University I plan to attend requires a test, so I will give them one.  Cost me a small fortune.  Whatever.  At least it's cheaper than travelling to the school and taking their test.

Finally, I am officially drunk by my own standards.  This time it was some sort of Cuervo mixed with Orange Juice and Grenadine.  This is for those concerned the greatest state to be in.  In your home, drunk, is the greatest American right.  Those that choose to take it way I will vote to have killed, hung, raped, and sodomized.

© Copyright 2008 Randy Wallace (UN: randywallace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Randy Wallace has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/562745-22-January-2007-507-Words