*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564621-I-Wish-My-Conscience-Sounded-Like-Balthier
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#564621 added January 31, 2008 at 3:19pm
Restrictions: None
I Wish My Conscience Sounded Like Balthier.
Because Balthier is sexy.

And...I'm a geek. *Wink*

Jennifer and I were talking about getting different jobs. She almost for sure will have a new one and thus so turned in her two weeks notice. I have an interview a week from today at the hospital (which is just down the road from me) and really hope I get it! I would love the satisfaction of giving those A-Holes a notice too. But I have to keep telling myself that isn't my motivation for leaving, and it really isn't. It's just so much there is going on and I feel disrespected. Not saying mere CNA's, such as myself, deserve butt-loads of respect but a little, please, would be nice. It's like I work in a different building than everyone else. That the new "for-profit" company that took over has brain-washed our administration. They've all lost sight of what we really are--a nursing home and therefor have forgotten the needs of the people who put their trust in us. We are more concerned with cramming as many patients into one side of the building as we can to make more money and taking up space for offices used to take care of the "new" money we will be making. The biggest slap in the face is them making all these changes and not telling the staff about it until literally the day the change happens. No meetings, no orientation to help with adjustment, nothing. And then they tell us we have to "deal with it." Ok, I can accept that but what about us? Our opinions? The nurses and CNA's who are the ones who actually run the place? For without us they would have no building to put their silly offices in. You know I'm right.

More than anything folks, I'm sad. We used to be a family there. No matter how stressed out you could get. Now the administration goes around kissing their new bosses asses and refusing to stand up for their staff. It's a whole different place and well, I guess that happens when new companies take over. It's just depressing.

I'm hoping hard-core for this job. With Jennifer gone in two weeks, life will suck if I get stuck there...

Much love and happiness.

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2008 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564621-I-Wish-My-Conscience-Sounded-Like-Balthier