*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573004-Mmmm-soup-I-mean-noodle-soupI-mean-SOUP
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1111435
My second journal here. My new beginnings.
#573004 added March 11, 2008 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
Mmmm, soup, I mean noodle soup....I mean SOUP!
I've been busy with Tech. classes and work and all.

12 hours on your feet sucks! I literally sit down for an hour total and that is spread out. However, I love this job! It's so funny to hear the techs complain when they have to take care of 8 patients. EIGHT! I almost fell over when I found out that is typically how many paitents we have in our care a day. I'm used 16+. One girl I was talking too seemed offended when I told her how laid back working in the hospital is compared to working in a nursing home. Well, it's true. Actually, we usually are busy but the beauty of it is I'm busy enough. I have enough time to get everything done unlike at my last job. I no longer feel like I am going to hell for being unable to give people the care they deserve.

So many things have already happened. I almost passed out...twice...from watching someone put in an IV, and normally things like that don't bother me except for recently. There was a code blue (someone's heart stopped) and I got to witness it, CPR, chest compressions, meds being pushed and the chest-shockers...just like in the movies except they use little pads instead of the paddles now. This was my second day of work. I took a trip(with, er, someone) to the morgue and got a tour. This was not like the movies because the morgue is way smaller than I expected.

And I saw someone having a seizure. Which I've never seen before. Already, one and half weeks of work....at least now I know what I have to look forward too!

The job is great though. I really love it.

The weather is so nice right now. I have some windows open and I'm making homemade vegetable soup. I can only hope I do my Grandma's recipe justice, she did make it the best!

Much love and happiness,

*Star*Elaine Bradley

© Copyright 2008 Elaine Bradley (UN: tnickless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elaine Bradley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573004-Mmmm-soup-I-mean-noodle-soupI-mean-SOUP