*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588149-Rewriting-a-Joke-I-heard-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#588149 added May 30, 2008 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
Rewriting a Joke I heard today
Istiqlál (Independence), 14 'Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. - Friday, May 30, 2008 about 7:55 PM PDT

I heard a joke today about a man with a glass eye. Since no joke I ever tell or write about resembles the one I originally heard, I'm going to rewrite the the joke I heard. Please note that I do not go to bars, but I do enjoy listening to jokes. I just can't tell them the way I hear them.

A man walks into a bar and request a shot glass and a bottle of vodka. The bar tender sets both items in front of him. The customer then proceeds to remove his glass eye and put it in the shot glass. Then he pours some of the vodka into the glass.

Raising the glass, the man says "Here's looking at you" and drinks the vodka.

The bar tender asks the customer, "Sir, why did you put the glass eye into the shot glass?"

The man smiles and replies, "Because when I say here's looking at you, I want something looking back at me."


When I heard the joke it had to do with a drummer putting his glass eye in his Scotch. I can't say which is funnier, since I can't remember the joke I heard. Even if I could remember it I couldn't retell it the same way I heard it.






© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588149-Rewriting-a-Joke-I-heard-today