*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588371-The-Best-of-Times
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#588371 added June 1, 2008 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
The Best of Times
Nada just asked if I did attend the homecoming of sorts I mentioned a couple entries ago. I certainly did! It was both elegant and fun. The salads and desserts were dished into Martini glasses. Someone said the menu had a vintage, like Twenties era, theme. The administration sent an Alumni Association rep to serve as Master of Ceremonies, and he was effective. Providing for my family is paramount, but It would be very satisfying to give back to my school. I am proud to have accomplished all that I did in my five years at Cal State Northridge, but without this opportunity to go back, many of the memories might have disintegrated with the passage of a bit more time. The experience has urged me toward more success.

I'm even interested in going back to school, but can't conceive yet how that would happen. I have a concept for a literature appreciation course that draws from music lyrics, but think that I really need some fundamental music courses under my own belt before I develop it to its full potential.

And there's the Masters in Library Science or Creative Writing that I continue to avoid. If money were no object, I would be at school all the time. My husband went back to school after a long absence (first at the community college level then finished the B.S. requirements in a year and a half on-line. Which now gives us a student loan debt to pay off. I have problems with taking on more debt at this point. But that doesn't really communicate my gratitude for having completed a degree myself.

Thanks for asking, Nada
Best line from Tin Man (2007)
"You know you really should do something about that BITTER cynicism of yours Cain."

Cain:
"Why? Someones gotta keep your wide eyed optimism in check."
DDOSF gift courtesy of Highwind

© Copyright 2008 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588371-The-Best-of-Times