*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592451-Summer-triple-digits-and-the-ants-are-here
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#592451 added June 22, 2008 at 9:43am
Restrictions: None
Summer, triple digits, and the ants are here
Jamál (Beauty), 18 Nur (Light), 165 B.E. – Sunday, June 21, 2008 about 6:25 AM PDT

Well, it's official summer is here. We have triple digits and tiny stinging red ants. I don't remember this problem last year. I don't think there was a problem with tiny ants, but there seems to be a problem this year, with stinging red ants anyway. We always get triple digits in Las Vegas.

The ants are a pain (literally). I suspect I'm going to have to start mopping the floors everyday. I don't know where the ants are coming from because I don't see any ant hills in the front yard where they usually are. I'll have to check the back yard for a hill. Since the ants are a problem this early in the summer, that means there are going to be other pests as well.

I need to go to Lowe's and find out what they have for me to spray with. All though spraying for pests myself isn't something I'm looking forward to doing. It's the ants own fault for invading my territory, if the didn't invade I wouldn't bother them. However, I guess that's why they are called pests because they won't mind their own business and stay out of my territory.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592451-Summer-triple-digits-and-the-ants-are-here