*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592618-Days-Off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1348233
Just about me
#592618 added June 23, 2008 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Days Off...
Days off.

What’s up with that?

I work in a day care center, and the counts are low. A majority of our kids have teachers for parents, and well, it is summer, and a lot of teachers are off for three months.

That means that the center’s instructors, myself included, get our hours drastically cut for several weeks, because there aren’t enough children to make our ratios sensible.

While I enjoy the time off, it makes me sweat to think of how small my paycheck is going to be.

My kids need braces, my pets are overdue for vet visits, and my teeth need worked on.

How am I going to manage this?

I wanted to go on a small vacation somewhere this year. But that’s out of the question. I heard that you can plan a Disney vacation up to a year and a half in advance and gradually pay on it. I may do that. My family has never been to Disney, and I would risk a plane ride if I had my family with me.

That would mean next year, around late August, my family and I could hop aboard a plane and spend an entire week in the most magical place on earth.

I checked the numbers, and with hotel, airfare and tickets for everyone, the cost is around 2,500. Sounds like a lot, but if you spread it out evenly over a period of a year… that would be… Over two hundred dollars a month. Crap. I knew it was too good to be true!

My oatmeal is lumpy, I have a headache, and no money to take my kids somewhere special on my day off.

I would like a nice wedge of Brie, please, to go with my whine!

*Smile*Sincerely Yours,*Smile*

Ravenwand

© Copyright 2008 Ravenwand, Rising Star! (UN: ravenwand at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ravenwand, Rising Star! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592618-Days-Off