*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594574-Home-on-the-Fourth-of-July
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#594574 added July 4, 2008 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Home on the Fourth of July
Istiqlál (Independence), 11 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Friday, July 4, 2008 about 7:14 AM PDT

I'm planning on staying home today. We have enough food in the house to eat and I don't have to work. I have things to do. I have reviews on writing.com to do. I have writing to catch up on. In addition, some of the neighbors use illegal fireworks and I have absolutely no intention of leaving the house tonight. When I take prayer breaks today, I'll focus on prayers of protection, in addition to the other prayers I say.

I have enough GPs for a two-month premium membership right now. I've decided that the only way I'm going to get the membership I want is to use the GPs in my account. Either late Sunday evening or early Monday morning I will purchase either a 2-month or a 3-month premium membership.

My negative voice is working overtime right now. It's telling me that it's impossible for me to get enough GPs in that short a time for the length of membership I want. Also, it is telling me that even if I do get enough GPs, I will never be able to extend the membership when it comes due again.

I've decided to deal with the negative voice in two way. The first is prayer; I'll recite the Remover of Difficulties whenever the voice manifest itself. The second is writing what the negative voice is saying. Recently I realized that if I write down the negative thoughts, I can deal with them much better. The act writing them down shows me how silly (I'm not sure his is the right word) they are.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594574-Home-on-the-Fourth-of-July