*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595069-I-Changed-the-Bandage-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#595069 added July 7, 2008 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
I Changed the Bandage Today
Kamál (Perfection), 14 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Monday, July 7, 2008 about 12:11 PM PDT

I changed the bandage today. I did it like the nurse demonstrated on Friday. I took the old bandage off, I cleaned the would (or rather what hadn't healed yet), I put the antibacterial salve on, and I dressed the wound. Because the antibacterial salve is so strong, the nurses have been changing the dressing three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. However, this week they go down to once a week, on Friday; this means I have to change the bandage on Monday and Wednesday.

I'm going to have to get the bandage changed earlier on Wednesday. I didn't go to work today because I took off to take Mom for a follow-up with one of the Doctors that cared for her in the hospital. The only appointment I could get was 11:00 AM today, so we had to take it. I go back to work on Wednesday, so I have to get the bandage changed before 8:00 AM.

I'm praying I did a decent job of changing the bandage. All right, I'm a worrier. If I don't have anything to worry about, then I find something to worry about. Mom gets so upset with me because I worry and she doesn't think its necessary. She's right of course, worrying doesn't get you anywhere and it just makes finding solutions more difficult. Still I worry, I worry less when I have something to focus on rather then the problem or situation causing the worrying.

I changed the bandage today, I probably did a good job. I'll keep an eye on it today and tomorrow. I'll change it again on Wednesday, I'll do a better job on Wednesday. It isn't difficult, I just have to clean wound, put the salve on it and put a fresh bandage on. That's not difficult. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to do; so I did a good job.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595069-I-Changed-the-Bandage-Today