*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600804-It-thundered-and-rained-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#600804 added August 8, 2008 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
It thundered and rained today
Istiqlál (Independence), 8 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Thursday, August 7, 2008 about 9:31 PM PDT

It rained a little bit today, not much mind you, but rained and thundered, too. It rained enough to leave puddles in my driveway and make the blacktop of Bracken Ave. glisten.

When I heard the thunder, I turned off the computer even though I did not see any lightening. Turning off the computer was a safety measure. I have no idea what the odds are of lightening striking near by and knocking the computer out.

I turned the computer off, which is something I would not have done before I turned 60. Since I became a sexagenarian, I gotten a bit cautious in certain areas. Not in all areas, of course, I still want to ride every roller coaster on Earth and if there were roller coasters on the Moon or Mars, I would want to ride those as well.

I am cautious when it comes to electricity and electrical items. I will use the phone during a thunderstorm. Grandma Newland would never use the phone during a storm. Grandma would turn the T.V. off and never use the record player during a storm. She did allow the radio and the lights on during a storm, but no other piece of electrical equipment was used.

Another thing Grandma never let us use was metal objects. During a thunderstorm we could not cut out paper dolls, if we already had them cut out we could play with them. The only other things to do during a storm was read or watch the storm. I would sit on the couch in Grandma's living room, with a book in my hand, staring out the window at the storm.

I enjoyed watching the lightening and listening to the thunder. Perhaps that is why when I hear thunder. I sit in the living room staring out the window. I did not see any lightning today, but when it thunders there is lightening. It is during thunderstorms that I miss Oklahoma the most.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600804-It-thundered-and-rained-today